Memory 11

~1978 September 4th~

   We had to move schools again, because the other school was closing. But this new school didn’t have uniforms, so I could wear whatever I wanted. I watched as Micheal ran around with Fredrick, Jordan, and the new kid we’d befriended, Simon. I smiled a little. I did want to play, but since today was picture day, I couldn’t get my outfit dirty. I was also getting a baby sister in October. My parents were planning to name her Staci. Although, my father wasn’t happy. He had said many times that he hadn’t wanted a second kid, that I was trouble enough.

   “Well, maybe I’d be more open to having a second kid if we had waited longer to have this one,” My father said, glaring down at me as I washed the dishes. I kept myself from looking back at him. That same day, I had found out my mother had had me at 16, when my father was 18 at the time. And it wasn’t like I was adopted, I had my father’s hair color, and eyes. I despised him, and so I despised those parts of me as well. 

   I snapped back to reality as Micheal came over to me, and asked me if I could play with him. “I can’t-” I answered. “Why not?” “Because, I can’t get my stuff dirty.” “Please?? I promise you won’t get dirty-” I hesitated, then nodded. “Alright then-” While we ran around, I was having a lot of fun. But while playing, I tripped, and fell to the ground. I sat up a bit, and looked down at my now muddy clothes. Micheal immediately stopped running, and went over to me. He helped me up. “Micheal, the pictures are right after recess..” I mumbled, looking at the mud all over me. I attempted wiping it off, but then Micheal grabbed my arm. “I have some spare clothes-! As long as your parents don’t mind you looking a bit different in the picture-”

)Memory 11 Finished(