Memory 19

~1981 February 9th~

{Elijah}
   I followed behind Flynn as we went to his locker, like always when he first arrives at school. When we got to his locker, he glanced at me. “Oh, hi,” He said, going back to putting his stuff away. I smiled. “Cutie, do you need something?” He questioned, only glancing at me once again. I looked at him confused. “What no- I always wait with you-” “You seemed to have more fun with those ‘friends’ of yours.” I paused for a moment, then remembered him looking at me at lunch yesterday and how he kind of ignored me when he introduced me to his family. “Oh, they asked me to sit with them yesterday!” “Is that so? Mkay. You seemed to be sitting pretty close to that Micheal kid.” Why’s he bringing up Micheal? “He’s my childhood best friend, so yeah- I’m comfortable with him,” I smiled a bit, hugging my books closer to my chest. Flynn rolled his eyes. “You’re not supposed to be that close to anyone other than your partner, Elijah.” “Why not.?”

   “Because it’s technically cheating. And because you hurt my feelings when you’re closer to someone other than me.” He turned to me, and lifted my chin. “You don’t want to hurt my feelings, do you?” I looked up at him, and kept my body from shaking. “Flynn, Micheal and I have been through almost everything together-..” I mumbled. He glared at me, and gripped my face harder. No one else was in the hall, because we both got to school rather early. Only the occasional kid would pass down the halls, so Flynn was okay with us being close to each other. “Well, aren’t we supposed to now go through everything together, mouse?” I felt my face turn a bit red from the nickname, but I couldn’t exactly enjoy the feeling at that moment. “Y-Yes, but that doesn’t change the fact Micheal and I have gone through a lot-..” Flynn growled, and let go of my face, turning it quickly to the side, so I was forced to look away from him. 

   I felt one of my neck muscles get pulled a bit from the quick jerk, and winced in pain a bit. But I didn’t let any pained noises out. “You’re really pissing me off, Eli,” Flynn said. I quickly looked at him. “Wait, I’m sorry-... Can I do anything to make it better..?” I muttered, gently grabbing his arm before he walked away. He looked back at me, and I felt like I could see a smile tugging at the corners of his lips, but the smile never formed. I pushed the gut feeling away. “Tell me some things that you haven’t told anyone. Stop hanging out with others. Not even Micheal. And then maybe I’ll consider your apology.” I froze for a minute. Shit what have I gotten myself into..? “I-..” “C’mon, mouse. We’re dating, aren’t we? You should be able to tell me anything~” He said in a tone that I knew would be dangerous. I felt my body start to shake, unable to help it, but I gripped his arm a bit harder. “My dad um-.. My dad isn’t the greatest…” I managed to mumble.

   His body language became sympathetic, and he pulled me into a hug. “Tell me about it, Elijah..” He comforted me. I hesitated, but tightly my arms back around him. “He’s abusive.. Has been since I was little, but with my mom’s condition, he’s gotten worse… A-And I cut myself because of my thoughts.. Sometimes, I feel as though it’s a mistake, but other times, I want more of it…” “Oh, cupcake…” Flynn said, moving my hair out of my face a bit. “I’m so sorry.. How about we go to my house one day, and we take care of those cuts, okay…?” I rested my head against him a bit, and nodded a little. Something felt off, but I always overthink, so maybe I should let my gut feelings not decide my actions.. Flynn is only being this way, because he loves me… 

)Memory 17 Finished(