Buck up, Buttercup!

"Is my loaf of bread ready yet?" a middle-aged fox man in a towering height raises a question to the cashier behind the counter.

"Sir, this is the third time you asked. There are many orders on the line other than yours, and in addition, we are very understaffed. So please kindly wait for your order." The rabbit with the name tag 'Jummyeon' masks his annoyance with a calm tone to his reply.

The man's face tells he's not patently content with the answer given to him. He travels his hand across his gelled hair and checks his Breitling Navitimer 1 Automatic 38 watch for the time. Jummyeon makes a subtle look of amazement at the the costumer's wealth.

The rich fellow clicks his tongue and grumbles out after an irritated sigh, "Look, I'm already late for my appointment. Could you at least make mine be first?"

"I'm afraid I can't do that, sir. We practice the policy 'First come, first served,'" Jummyeon informs.

"God! Let me talk to your baker here. I would like to have a word with them," says the fox man as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

The rabbit rushes to the kitchen where all of the magic happens. "Yo, Jennie!" he calls the baker.

The cat ears of the baker who has herself occupied on kneading the dough perk at the mention of her name. She lifts her head to look at the cashier and says, "Yes, Jummyeon?"

"A customer wants to quote, 'have a word with you,' unquote," Jummyeon says before returning back to his rightful area.

Jennie exhales out a sigh and goes to the sink to wash her tiny floury hands. Once clean, she drys them on her apron and steps out of the door to see what this customer wants.

As she confronts the person, his great height is the first thing that catches her eye. He's built like a building and it intimidates her, in comparison to her own level.

"Is something wrong, sir?" she asks in her nicest and liveliest voice to hide her exhausted and a bit nervous self.

The fox man shakes his head as he makes weird gestures with his hands, "Yes, there is something wrong. I've been waiting here for only God knows how long for my bread and I was told mine is not ready?"

Just as Jennie is about to reply the shopkeeper's bell hanging above the entrance door tinkle, indicating someone entered. With the baker and the customer engaging in a conversation they failed to pay attention to who came in, but Jummyeon did, and boy, he could only swallow in a gasp when he stares at the person who is now behind the angry and ranting fox.

"Is there a problem here?" a voice questions.

The man scoffs as he intensely pulls on his sleeves then his collar before stating, "The service here is balls," he turns to the one who asked, emphasizing the last word of his sentence as to make sure the two workers would hear him before storming out of the scene.

"Honey..." Jennie murmurs.

"Oh Nini..." Lisa, her cat wife of three years coos to the pouting brunette as she approaches her then locks her in a snug bear hug. "Whatever happened here, don't listen to him."

Lisa places a hand of Jennie's upon her chest where her heart is madly pumping.

"This bakery of yours will always be the best in here. Fuck them arrogant bastards."

Clutching and fiddling with her wife's flannel shirt, a frown makes an appearance on Jennie's lips.

"Sadness doesn't look good on you, baby," the raven haired truthfully speaks. Jennie withdraws from Lisa's grasp before adjusting her apron.

"Nevermind that, what brings you here?"

"Linner at The Shining Angel?" Lisa leans back on the counter as she responds with a touch of hope in her tone while her tail sways in joy.

"I'm busy, Lisa. I have numerous orders to do today. Please, go home and take care of the kids." Then Jennie races back to the kitchen without allowing Lisa to properly reply.

"Tsk, yikes, man," Jummyeon pats her arm, probably his own way of showing his pity for others.

Lisa wears a long face as she stands there in utter silence, wondering what she could do for her babygirl. Shortly after, an imaginary lightbulb illuminates above her head.

"Hey, rabbit. Do you have an extra apron I could use?"

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" Jummyeon gazes at Lisa in confusion.

"I'm gonna help my Nini."

"Say no more."

Needless to say, all orders were successfully done in the end of the day thanks to the cat couple. Baking wasn't the only fun or magic that happened in the kitchen and Jummyeon can confirm that, judging from how Jennie was walking in a strange manner out of the door with a smirking Lisa to have linner.

END