chapter 2

-soap's Pov-

We had both decided it was better to look for shelter that stand in the snow freezing our arses off. We trudged through the snow, it came up to my knees making it hard for me to walk. Fuck why wasn't I as tall as ghost? If I was his height it would have been easier to walk in these conditions. "I don't see anything sir" I said shielding my face from the onslaught of snow "is there any shelter at all" the cold seeped into my skin, it felt like dagger's stabbing me in the chest. How long could we go before we succumbed to exhaustion?

"Just keep walking Johnny" Ghost called out over the roar of the wind. "What if this is all for nothing sir!" I called out "what if there isn't any shelter?" I stumbled and fell, I was exhausted and weak. "Johnny!!" Ghost shouted making his way back to me "Johnny are you okay!!" I looked up at him and tried to stumble to my feet "I'm tired sir..." Ghost grabbed me by my shoulders and dragged me to my feet "according to command there should be a bunker just ahead of us" he called out. Those words gave me some small flicker of hope I lent against him as we walked. "Just a little further" he said picking me up bridal style.

He walked with me in his arms for miles...then I passed out...

-Ghost's Pov-

Seeing Johnny pass out In my arms made me worry, even though I didn't show it, "Johnny stay with me!" I called out in hopes he'd wake up, he didn't he just laid in my arms passed out.
"Fuck!" I screamed in frustration. I sped up my pace to the bunker. The exhaustion set in and I stumbled but stayed on my feet and carried on walking.

I made it to the bunker's entrance and set Johnny down to open the latch. "Come on...come on...come on! Open up!" I muttered to myself. "Finally!" The entrance opened and I grabbed Johnny and walked inside, my side arm in my right hand I placed Johnny against a wall as I checked for any signs of enemies. Nothing. No enemies in sight. I ran up the stairs to close the entrance. As I walked back down I flicked the switch and the lights flicked on. "S... Simon..." I heard a mutter. "That's ghost to yo-" I started to say but cut myself off once I realised soap was waking up "...yeah what's wrong Johnny?". He turned his head towards me "Simon... I'm cold" he muttered. I sighed "I know Johnny give me a minute" I said calmly trying to reassure him. I walked over and laid down then pulled him close to me. "I'll keep you warm, just sleep" I whispered.

I cuddled him close as I felt him fall asleep. I put my rifle next to me in case I needed it, I made sure I was in safety, then let myself fall asleep Into a light slumber.