Chapter 5

-authors note- outfits are what are shown in the photo. This may be angst? Also trigger warning: mention of suicide/ suicidal thoughts

-soap's Pov-

We were all in a briefing. Alejandro sat next to Rudy. Gaz sat near Price. And I was sat opposite to Ghost. I don't know how it started but price and Ghost were arguing. Ghost was already stressed out. Price said something about being in pain and how Ghost doesn't feel anything. "I wake up every morning in pain! I go to work in pain! You know how many times I just wanted to give up! How many times I thought about ending it!" Ghost shouted holding back tears. My eyes widened my mouth parted slightly. Did he really want to die? My eyes became glassy with tears. The others had all gone silent, Price had a look of sorrow on his face. "I... I'm sorry..." Was all Price could say. Ghost got up and quickly exited the room. I looked at the place he had just been. Had Ghost snapped? A hundred thoughts went through my mind, but one kept coming back "go after him, go hug him and make him feel better" I jumped out my seat knocking it over and ran from the room.

I kept running in hopes of catching up to him. I ran down the halls and skidded around the corners. That's when I saw him. "Ghost wait up!!" I shouted. He stopped "what do you want!!" He shouted back "just leave me alone!!" I kept running until I reached him and launched myself at him and hugged him. "I'm not leaving you" I whispered "not now. Not ever".
He looked stunned "Johnny... just...I don't... don't...why are you... Johnny just leave me alone...I..." He stuttered unable to find the words. "I said I'm not leaving" I whispered "I'm staying by your side. From now to our last breaths. And even in the afterlife I'll be by your side". He choked on a sob "Johnny...thank you..." He started to cry. Tears running down his face and into his mask. "And don't you ever end your life! You mean the world to me!" I whispered again.
"Okay... I'll stay with you..." He whispered