chapter 30

Warning- angst

-soap's Pov-

We woke up and started to get changed. I wore light brown trousers, a blue shirt and my light brown tactical vest while Ghost wore dark blue jeans, a black shirt and a black tactical vest.

Ghost then put his mask on and we left for the briefing.

-------------------time skip-----------------

We were now waiting for our transport to arrive Ghost hugged me tightly. "Be careful" he whispered. I hugged him back just as tightly "you too" I whispered back.

The transportation arrived and we all jumped in. We set off and we all had small conversations.

I put my hand on Ghost's thigh and gave it a squeeze. I smiled and lent against him.

We arrived and we all jumped out of the trucks. We split into our teams, unfortunately I wasn't in a team with Ghost, I led my team to our infiltration point.

I kept my rifle up at all times as we moved through the tall grass.

We stood at the door. I signaled at the door "breach the door" I ordered. A member of my team ran to the door and started to breach the door.

"Clear" came multiple Voices as we did a sweep of the building.

"Right wing clear" I called through the radio. I waited a while "likewise" came Ghost's voice through the radio. "Making our way to entry B" I replied.

-------------------time skip-----------------

My team reached entry B and we got ready to breach. "Setting charges!" A recruit said placing a charge on the door.

"What?" I called looking at the recruit "wait! Don't do that!" I shouted running towards the recruit but I was too late.

Multiple shots fired through the door and the charge exploded killing the recruit instantly and blasting me back.

I landed with my back against a wall and looked at my team. Multiple of the men were dead. Multiple were injured.

"Soap! How copy?" Ghost called over the radio. I couldn't reply all I could do was cough up blood.

I looked down my body and saw a pool of blood forming around me. A pool of blood was on my chest. This can't be it...

This can't be how I die...

Then...

Everything...

Faded...

To...

Black...