Chapter 35

When I open the door to my classroom, I see only Sakura and Sasuke, on the verge of boredom.

"Hello, both of you. Is it just the three of us today?" I ask, not understanding why.

"Hello Senji! We got a message Saturday that we were finally going to be assigned to our special classes. Do you remember?" Sakura replies.

"Ah... Yes, thank you, it's coming back to me. But... are we agreed that he's super late?" I look at the clock, which reads 8:37 in the morning.

"Tss... Our teacher is supposed to be a superior shinobi and he dares to be so late. It's pathetic." Sasuke grumbles aloud.

I let out a sigh and leaned back against a desk, sitting cross-legged, and began to train my magical circuits.

"Um Senji?" I turn my gaze to Sakura, who's standing next to me, slightly embarrassed.

"What's up?"

"Um, I wanted to apologize, for... you know, the first time we talked." She sits down next to me. "I wasn't very polite to you and I feel a little bad. So sorry." She bows her head apologetically.

"I'd completely forgotten, but don't worry it's forgiven. We don't really know each other, so it's not too bad. Anyway, I hope we get along well from now on." I extend my hand towards her, switching off my magic circuits in the process.

"Yes!" She shakes my hand enthusiastically. "I hear a lot of amazing things about you, I hope we'll be good friends!"

With the misunderstanding cleared up, I get back to my impromptu training. I reactivate my magic circuits, raise and open my hand and create a concentration of energy in the center, taking the form of a sword but not projecting it completely, leaving it in its energy form.

"So it's true, mages still use magic circuits... Isn't it painful? Or unpleasant?" Sakura asks, watching me intently.
"Um... I'm not really a mage, but at first it was painful, as time goes by I don't pay attention anymore and it becomes unpleasant when you start doing too much. It all depends on the training process though."

"I see. Those threads of light going through your arm, it's really pretty..." She rests her head on her knees, calmly watching my training.

As I feel my magic circuits weakening and prepare to project the sword, I hear rapid footsteps in the corridor heading our way. I cut my magic circuits and the projection disappears, surprising Sakura.

"He's finally here." I hear Sasuke sigh and stand up.

I do the same, followed by Sakura. The door opens to see the same guy who accompanied the Hokage to my house. Grey hair, half his face hidden by a cloth, and his left eye hidden by a headband.

"Yo, sorry I'm late kids, I got lost in the establishment. This place is really big."

The three of us are speechless, not knowing how to react.

"Anyway, let's go somewhere nicer than a classroom. Follow me."

The teacher takes us up to the roof of one of the school's many buildings, leans against the railing, and we sit on the bench facing him.

"Okay, let's start with introductions." Said the teacher.

"What kind of stuff do you want to know?" Sakura asked.