Chapter 48

Friday, January 20, 2023.

"Senji-sama... Senji-sama... Hey ho Senji-sama!" While I was lost in thought, Inaho's voice called out to me.

"...Huh? Oh sorry, I was somewhere else, what's up?" I ask, looking around to see that we've arrived in front of the school.

"Are you all right? You had a blank stare the whole way. Do you feel sick somewhere?" She asks.

"I..." I glance to the side to see Asia, equally worried. "There's nothing wrong, I was just concentrating on something."

From the look on their faces, they don't really believe me, but let it go anyway, continuing on their way.

"Hey Senji, hi!" I'm about to follow them, when a voice calls behind me.

"Hmm? Oh." I turn to see Yugi and Jonouchi. "I see things are going well between you, so much the better."

"Obviously, we're very good friends now! I meant it when I said I regret what I did!" Jonouchi said proudly.

"Hey Senji, Jonouchi has a great video! By the way, did you watch it?" I see the puzzle dangling from his neck.

"Well, actually... You have to sharpen your eyes to look at it!" He said, squinting. "But that's too bad, you can't see the thing!!!" He clenches his fists in frustration. "Damn! Because of those damn mosaics!"

(Oh... He's talking about this kind of video...)

"What's he talking about?" Asia asks.

"Um... It's... it's a video intended for the young man, so unfortunately you wouldn't understand. Go ahead without me, I'll catch up." I'm sorry for lying to them.

"Oh, really? I'm curious now." Said Inaho, a finger to her lips.

"No Inaho-chan! It's none of our business, if it's for the boys!" Asia starts pushing Inaho.

"Okay, fine, see you in a bit Senji-sama!"

(...Sorry, but thanks to their innocence...)

"Yugi, you vicious boy! Do you want me to lend it to you?!" Jonouchi points at Yugi, grinning perversely.

"Yes! Nice!" Yugi jumps of joy.

"Are you interested too Senji?" Jonouchi turns to me, with the same smile.

"Um... no thanks." (If the girls see me with that, I'd rather not imagine the damage...)

While Yugi and Jonouchi continue talking about adult videos, I notice a van in the courtyard.

"Here, what's a TV truck doing in the school?" I wonder.

"Ah yes!" Yugi is surprised.

"What's he doing here?" Jonouchi asks, massaging his jaw.

"For all we know, there's a new celebrity or star among the students!?" Yugi hypothesized.

"Can you believe it? This is a scoop!" Jonouchi is hype.

"Yes! I'll take a look..." Yugi steps forward and sticks his face to the front window of the vehicle.

"Do you see a star?" Jonouchi asks.

"Bouh! You can't see anything, it's a one-way mirror... I can't see!"

I watch this scene, sighing at their stupidity and innocence, but the presence of a TV van hardly inspires confidence. Especially knowing Minori-sensei, who doesn't like the attention of journalists.