FATE DXD Vol. 1 Chapter 1

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Buried deep in my dream, I find myself in a desert filled with swords as far as the eye can see, a sword graveyard.

With me is a giant dragon watching me intently and a man I can't describe because he is made entirely of energy, like the rest of a man from a distant time.

I am currently training with him, under the supervision and advice of the red dragon.

"it's pretty decent, but don't wait for a boost to attack, use the time to your advantage to surprise your opponent, partner."

"huff...huff...it's easier said than done anyway"

I look my "opponent" straight in the eyes, ready to resume the fight. On my whole body I can see blue luminous lines, my magic circuits. On my left hand, there is a red gauntlet covering part of my hand and forearm with a green crystal that glitters with a red light.

I get ready to jump, suck in as much energy as I can with my breath and the moment I feel a boost coming, I jump at highspeed on him.

"Yes, Ddraig is right young man, use all your abilities to your advantage, but don't forget, in this dream, you are clearly stronger than in reality, so don't take too many stupid initiatives like this."

[Boost!] a deep voice echoes from the gauntlet, causing my power to increase by 2, which surprises me and makes my offensive too brutal and easy to predict, the man simply grabbed me and threw me, falling with a thud.

"Besides, the fox, don't you want to try to help him?" asks Ddraig.

"hmm, help my jailer, what the hell? But sooner or later it will lead him to his loss and I could be free at last." retorts the giant fox.

The dragon doesn't even try to stand up to him.
"Do as you please." he says with a sigh.

As the two supernatural beings glare at each other, I hear a voice calling me echoing in the cemetery.

"Senpai...Senpai....Senpai..."

"oh, it looks like it's time to wake up" said the man.
"Indeed, get out of here quickly or you'll get scolded partner." scoffs ddraig.

I let out a sigh, then concentrate on getting out of my dream. A bright light appears coming out of my chest, then spreads out leaving me bathed in a white room, then everything goes black.

"Senpai, please wake up"

I open my eyes slowly, getting used to the sun coming straight at my face, but a shadow protects me from it. The face of someone I know very well who looks at me with a ... disconcerted look?

"Oh, hello Sakura."

"Yes, hello Senpai".

"Um... Why are you looking at me like that? Did I say something weird in my sleep?"

Frowning, her eyes become even sharper. Then she stands up and crosses her arms under her chest.

"Look around you Senpai"

I do as she asks, regaining my senses at the same time, I feel the cold, hard ground, noticing immediately that I have fallen asleep in the shed.

"So Senpai, is this a good place to sleep?"

"Ah that, well I must have fallen asleep trying to fix all those things."

Right next to me is a microwave, a fan and a lot of other objects that I am trying to repair and with which I am practicing by applying some magic.