8- Neuvostoliiton

THIRD PERSON POV:

"And the second I saw him; I called him a-"

"-A girl," Russia smiled, trying not to laugh while Vietnam and Kazakhstan furrowed their eyebrows and looked at Finland. Then they realized what Russia meant, Finland could easily get mistaken as female if you don't look too hard. Finland rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

     "You also got a good kick in the spot where it hurts," Finland grumbled, giving Russia a nice glare. Russia sighed and nodded, as he did indeed get kicked where it hurts. Kazakhstan winced, not liking the last part, no one would... well, maybe a few people.

     "Well, that's... an interesting first meet," Vietnam mumbled to themself, the Kazakhstan grinned.

     "Hey Vietnam? Remember when you and Philippines teamed up and argued with China about the South China Sea?" Kazakhstan asked, remembering the fight. Vietnam rolled their eyes and scoffed.

    "There isn't even that much Chinese land in the South China Sea!" Vietnam threw their arms up in the air in annoyance, "The part of land in Hainan and it's the size of Taiwan! If not, smaller!" Kazakhstan raised his eyebrows, Vietnam wasn't wrong, but China is... tricky. Russia and Finland looked at each other in confusion, they shrugged, and both telepathically agreed that they do not want to get involved.

     As Vietnam kept complaining about the South China Sea dispute Kazakhstan kept driving, keeping his eyes on the road and eventually turned onto the road that led to the East Plateau. Russia looked out the window to his left and watched the landscape zoom by. Finland was playing games on his phone, since he had nothing better to do.

     "So, Finland, or Russia, what's Neuvostoliiton?" Kazakhstan asked curiously, wondering why Russia reacted so angrily to that word earlier. Russia's previously neutral gaze out the window turned into an angry glare. Finland rolled his eyes and put his phone away.

    "Not what, it's a who." Finland said nonchalantly, like it wasn't a big deal for him, even though it really was. Vietnam tilted their head and looked behind them to look at Russia and Finland. Kazakhstan raised his eyebrows, even more curious now, even though it's not his business at all.

    Russia directed his glare towards Finland, "As I said before, I'm not him Finland." Finland rolled his eyes and folded his arms across his chest. Kazakhstan didn't need to look back to see Russia and Finland having another glaring contest. Vietnam sneakily took out their phone and filmed the whole thing.

     "That doesn't answer my question, Russia or Finland." Kazakhstan reminded them, Russia glared back out the window, seeing grey clouds snowing in the distance. Finland kept glaring at Russia, the two didn't get along for quite a few reasons.

     Vietnam decided to stop recording so they put their phone away, but kept watching the two Europiyan countries. "It's no one, doesn't matter." Russia said in an unfriendly tone. Finland scoffed, which at this point is his catchphrase, and rolled his eyes, that could also be his signature move.

     "Russia, we both know it's the complete opposite of what you just stated." Finland corrected Russia, then Finland glared out of his own window. Kazakhstan sensed the tension and grudges being held between the two. Vietnam decided that this was too much drama for them and looked out their window as well. Kazakhstan figured that everyone in here loved looking out windows now.

     Kazakhstan got an idea, to still get the answer he wanted but without forcing Russia and Finland to fight or argue. "Hey, Finland, how do you spell neuvostoliiton?" Kazakhstan asked Finland, then he looked at Vietnam. Vietnam understood what Kazakhstan was doing and took their phone out again and opened Google Translate.

     "Uh... n-e-u-v-o-s-t-l-i-i-t-o-n... why?" Finland asked, wondering why Kazakhstan asked him how to spell it. Kazakhstan shrugged, while Vietnam was typing it into Google Translate.

"No reason, I was just curious" Kazakhstan answered, and lied, "Finnish is a unique language." Finland's eyes narrowed and he looked at Kazakhstan but couldn't seem to tell that Kazakhstan was lying, so he just looked back out the window.

     When Vietnam finished typing, they had to bite their tongue to not gasp in shock. They turned their phone towards Kazakhstan, who looked at the translation. Kazakhstan's eyes widened, then he turned his attention back to the road. That's... not the translation he was expecting. He was expecting some vulgar word or insult... but he wasn't expecting neuvostoliiton to translate to soviet.

     The weather started to change, it got colder, and the snow started to fall. After 10 minutes, the few trees that used to be dotted around the landscape disappeared, leaving only a boring and flat area that spread out as far as the eye could see.

     Vietnam turned on the AC in the car and made sure it was warm, they did not want to freeze. Neither did Kazakhstan, but so far he was fine with this cold weather. Russia and Finland acted like this was normal weather for them, which in the middle of winter it probably is. Vietnam was used to a relentless and brutal sun almost all year round, winters were at most 15° C to 0°.

     Soon after, the snow turned into a light blizzard. Kazakhstan slowed down and stopped the car. "Well... uh, we're gonna be stuck until this blizzard's over" Kazakhstan said nervously. Vietnam's eyes widened and groaned.

"Whyyyyyy!" Vietnam whined, not wanting to be stuck in this freezing hellhole for too long. Russia and Finland sighed, not excited about having to be stuck with two countries not entirely used to freezing cold... this is going to be interesting. Especially considering that Kazakhstan and Vietnam know what neuvostoliiton means.

     Kazakhstan is now curious about Russia's and Finlands relationship with the Soviet Union... while he was alive that is.

______________________________________________

This is fun... :)

Also is it true that Europeans have 'American' themed B-day parties? A friend told me, and now I want to know if it's actually true :'D

Fun Fact:

Canada's power is being able to hear any conversation as long as a call or electronic device is being used. Which is how he heard the officer's talking about Mr. Lima in chapter 6.