Chapter 1

New fan fic hope you enjoy it! Tweet me anything - LLVLNONAPRAYER Dont forget to vote//comment//share if you like this story 😁

IM EDITING SO IF YOU GET NOTIFS FOR THIS THATS WHY

Ruby's POV

I dont know how I got it, I just know one morning I woke up with it.

One morning when I was little, around 9 or 10, I woke up with a small timer that ran horizontal across my wrist. Of course being young, I screamed and thought it was something bad, until my mum showed me her wrist. But, hers was just a scar left on her skin.

"Its a timer sweetheart." My mum smiled, as she placed me on her lap, trying to calm me down. "Everyone will get one at some stage in their life."

"But why?" I asked out of curiosity. "And why does it look like you dont have one anymore?"

"It came up because its showing that you have a soulmates out there, and that you are now old enough to have yours." She replied, before turning my wrist over to have a look at it. "But it wont turn on until your soulmate gets theirs."

I gave her a confused look. "How will I know mummy?" I questioned, my dad walking through the door. He walked over, taking a seat next to my mum, a scar on his wrist in the shape of a timer aswell.

"Because it will start flashing, and a number will start counting down on it." She answered, dad placing a kiss to her cheek and then mine. "Are we talking about the soulmate timers?" Dad asked, both of us nodding.

"Yes daddy, look." I reached out my wrist and showed him the small timer on my arm. He gave me a big smile, before picking me up and spinning me around. "My little girl is growing up." He yelled, excitedly, causing me to giggle.

"Daddy, put me down." I squealed loudly, as he placed me back down with my mum. I moved myself back on her lap before asking her more questions about these 'soulmate timers.' I was so intrigued by these now and the fact that both my parents had one and now its faded, leaving a scar.

"When did you get your timer mummy?" I asked her, a smile forming across her lips. "It started on a weekend it May." Mum started, before looking down and rubbing her wrist.

"I was out at a coffee shop in Paris and I heard a beeping sound. When I looked down, I had noticed that my timer had finally turned on, signalling that I had a soulmate." She said.

"And thats daddy." I squealed, mum nodded before looking over at my dad with a smile.

"When the timer turned on it said that I had 2 years, 21 days and 17 hours till I was going to meet my soulmate. And at that time I was 20." I was so captivated with my mums story, thinking that one day this will happen to me. I will find my soulmate.

"So 2 years later I found myself working at a bank in Sydney, my timer signalling I had 1 hour left until the man I will be with for the rest of my life, I will finally meet." I watched as my mums eye sparkled as she continued telling the story. Mum and dad loved eachother so much.

"I was standing up at the front desk, when a young man wearing a suit walks in." She started. "My timer started beeping really loudly, along with the man who was standing across from me. A huge smile spread across both of our faces, and we knew that we were eachothers." Dad walked back into the room with three hot chocolates, before turning the fireplace on and sitting down on the floor so mum could continue her story.

"We both ran into eachothers arms before everyone around us started clapping." Dad continued, basically knowing what mum was going to say. "I pulled your mother close to me and told her I was never going to let her go, and that I will never stop loving her." I smiled and look at both of them. "And to this day, he has never broken either of those promises."

My parents loved eachother so much. They really were eachothers soulmates. I was hoping that one day I would find someone who would love me and look at me the way they looked at eachother.

"Mum." I whined, walking down the stairs and into the kitchen, where she was cooking up our breakfast.

"Yes." She mimiced back. I slapped her arm, before sitting myself up onto the counter, hearing my mum let out a small giggle.

"Will my timer ever turn on?" Its been 8 years since I got it." I was now 18 and still my timer was blank.

Even though I still had plenty of years of life left, I just wanted it to turn on right now. I didnt want it to happen when I was like 40, same as one of dads friends. I wanted to be able to really spend my life with the person whos meant to be my "soulmate."

"It will turn on sweetheart, dont worry. You just have to be patient and give it some time." She smiled, before placing a kiss to my temple, then leaving the room.

But how much time?