Chapter 28

Last day of 2015 🎉🎉

Ruby's POV

"I still cant believe you got to design the cover for 5 Seconds of Summers album, Ruby. Like what the hell, that is so awesome." Joe screamed through the laptop screen.

It was so good be able to talk to Joe. He has been my bestfriend since I could remember. Ive cried, smiled, frowned, chucked the biggest tantrums, but he has always been here. I just wish I could have been able to talk to the girls aswell. Emma was off with her family on holiday, and Felicity was now beong homeschool and Joe said they never really see her anymore.

All their timers are still on and going. Joe still tells me not to worry, cause I will find someone one day. But sometimes its hard to believe, but, honestly, at this point in my life, I couldnt care less about soulmates and timers.

"Yeah I know, its pretty crazy." I laughed.

"Do you know if they have seen it yet?" He asked.

"It was sent out a week ago, and its been about a week today or even yesterday, so I hope they have." I answered. "But what if they didnt like it? Oh my god what if-" I was cut off by Joe yelling at me.

"Ruby, shut up." He yelled. "You know you are good ar drawing and designing, so stop stressing."

"Okay." I took a deep breath.

"Anyway, I have to go. Its late here and I have to go. Gotta do some shoppong and things with mum and dad tomorrow. Ill try and call you in the next few days." He smiled and waved.

"Love you." I blew him a kiss.

"Love you to Ruby! Dont stress to much babe." And with that he hung up.

I decided to go and see what everyone else in mu crazy family were doing. I hadnt really done much the past week but lie in bed or go do a little work for Cathy around her shop. I hadnt seen Zac in a while, and I honestly missed him so much.

"Hey Ruby." I heard someone say to me, as I went to walk out into the backyard.

I looked up from my phone to see Cathy there talking to my mum and holding little Cooper. This was one of the first times theyve actually had a proper talk since I met and started to work for her.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I smiled before hugging her.

"Your mum and I were just talking about your design you did for the album." She said.

"Ahh okay." I replied, taking a seat next to mum.

"I was also talking to her about something else." I gave her a confused look.

"Is everything okay?" I questioned.

"Yeah everything is fine, I was just speaking to your mum about how you are coming to LA with me next week for 5SOS' album release party." She smiled and laughed as my mouth dropped straight open after what she said.

"Youre joking?" I was literally gob smacked.

"No Im not." She laughed.

I turned to look at my mum who was laughing at my expressions aswell.

"And I said yes, so you are going." Mum smiled before giving me a nod.

No fucking way. I was going to LA next week.