Chapter 5

Vote//Comment//Share if you like my story please 😊

UPDATING BECAUSE HOLY FUCK ITS ASHTONS BIRTHDAY

Ruby's POV

The first day of school came to an end, not long to go now till Im finished. I was very happy for Emma, having her timer turn on, but very jealous at the same time.

"Mum Im home." I called out as I walked through the front door, chucking my bag on the group before taking me shoes off.

"Upstairs Ruby." She called back to me. I headed upstairs to find her leaning over my little brother, Coopers, crib. "How was school?"

"School was good. Im in the same classes with Joe, Felicity and Emma. Also, Emmas timer turned on." I replied. "And we have a new teacher, Mr Hemmings. He seems cool."

"Ruby." Mum mumbled before turning to look at me. "Yes." I replied. "I have some news for you." We left Cooper's room, both of us heading downstairs to the loungeroom.

"Whats wrong mum?" I questioned. "Ruby where moving." Those words hit me hard 'where moving.' "Please tell me your joking mum." I felt tears fall from my eyes. Sydney was my home. I didnt want to leave my school or my friends.

"Im sorry sweetheart." Mum sighed before placing a kiss to my head. "Where leaving in a month."

Mum stood up, leaving the room but leaving me their in heartbreak. "Wait mum! Where are we moving to?" I choked out. "London." She mumbled.

"No no no! I cant leave mum!" I cried. "Im sorry sweetheart, but its for your fathers job." "Cant dad just get another job here?" "No he cant Ruby, Im really sorry."

I didnt know what to think. I had just started my final term of school and now I was being moved away. I wasnt going to get to finish it with my friends like we all promised eachother.

I trudged up to my room, slamming the door shut, before falling face first onto my bed in tears. Id never felt so upset in my life. London was so far away from Australia. I would never get to see my friends again. Or atleast hardly ever.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, before texting the girls and Joe that I needed to talk to them. I pushed myself back up off my bed, looking into the mirror to see my puffy cheeks and red teary eyes. "I look like a mess." I mumbled, letting out a shaky breath.

I walked downstairs to see my mum and dad sitting on the couch.

"Im gonna go see the guys, ill be back later." I mumbled.

"Ruby." Dad said to me before I left.

"Im sorry sweetheart." He smiled, smally.

I just shrugged my shoulders, giving him a smile back before I left. I kicked the rocks on the path infront of me. All the memories Ive had here in Australia, now ill be moving away.

How am I meant to tell my friends I was moving in a month? We made a promise we would stick together till the end, and well now, now I guess Im leaving.

I arrived at the park, Emma, Felicity and Joe sitting on a green bench waiting for me. I pushed open the gate and walked over to them.

"Hey Ruby, you had to tell us something?" Joe said.

Here it goes.