Chapter 2: Stalkers

Chapter 2: Stalkers

Beautiful Emily(Chloë Grace Moretz)

A/N: Right now, I have no one to portray Nasir. Soooooo..... Enjoy!!!

Nolan's POV

"Are we really doing this?"

"Uh, duh," She replied and I shook my head.

We walked around the back of his house as she tried to figure out which window belonged to his room.

"There," She pointed to a window with light blue curtains. "That's definitely his."

"You do know we could get arrested for this, right?"

"But it'll be worth it," She replied as she positioned the ladder properly on the window sill. "Make sure this ladder doesn't slip."

"Emily, this makes no sense. My parents will kill me if they have to bail me out of jail."

She was already halfway through the ladder, so I doubt if she heard me.

When she got to the top, which wasn't that high, she opened the window quietly and poked her head inside, shifting the curtains aside.

My body froze when I heard a voice from the window next to the one we were focusing on, "Who's there?"

I made out a silhouette moving before the lights came on.

"Shit," I cursed. "Emily," I whisper-yelled since we couldn't afford waking anyone up, which was already an epic fail. "Someone's awake and they've definitely heard us."

"What?" She yelled back, also as a whisper.

"Someone's awake-"

"Who's there?" The voice repeated and I immediately let go of the ladder. Since I wasn't an asshole, I didn't run away without Emily.

I looked up again and saw a familiar head poking out of the window. Nasir.

My eyes widened and I shook the ladder, alerting her of the urgency. "Emily, wrong room."

"What?"

Frustrated, I yelled, "Wrong fucking room."

Shit.

Her eyes turned into saucers as she started scurrying to descend.

By then, Nasir's head was already out, alarmed by my yell.

I pulled up my hoodie and shook the ladder again, telling her to hurry up.

She did the same with her hoodie and I cursed again. We looked like robbers.

We immediately dropped to our palms and feet and started crawling away, but not before hearing my name roll of his tongue for the first time.

"Nolan?"

Nasir's POV

"Bismillah!" I muttered under my breath, before climbing my bed.

I recently moved from Dubai to the States because of my dad's business and I wasn't exactly excited about it.

I hated being new. I already had a few friends there, now I would have to start over.

There was nothing exciting about this place anyway, I thought as I rolled again.

My sister, Nabila, on the other hand, found it more than easy to make new friends.

Nabila was a year older, but because of some complications back in Dubai, she had to repeat a class, so she was now in the same class as I was.