Chapter 27: Stranded

Don't hate Nolan!

Picture is of Nasir, you're welcome. Enjoy (:

Nasir's POV

I stood there, confused. He didn't even look back once, he just ran to his car and zoomed off. It took me a while to notice that I had no ride home, I was stuck here.

I shook my head trying to process the whole thing. I recounted what happened to see if I did anything wrong. He told me he had family issues, I hugged him, he ran away. It's not like I had body or mouth odor or something.

I covered my mouth and exhaled. Nope. I turned my neck and sniffed my armpits. Nope. Even if I was smelly, that wasn't enough to appall him so he could bolt off and leave me stranded.

After worry came anger. He drove me here and left me here, who does that? Besides, the drive here was over an hour long; so if anyone was going to pick me up, it'll be over two hours. The game was supposed to start by half past six and it was almost three.

I dialed Nabila first, who picked up with a, "What?"

I rolled my eyes. "Is dad at home?"

"No, he left with Mr. Muhammad an hour ago."

"What about mom?"

"Is she ever? I swear she works more than dad," She replied with a light chuckle. "Where are you by the way?"

"I don't know," I stated and palmed my forehead at how stupid that sounded, but it was the truth. "I'm stranded."

"What? How?"

Again, "I don't know," I replied, except this time it was a lie. "Can Dave pick me up?"

"I doubt that. His parents took his car from him and he's not getting it back until next week."

"Why?"

"Does that matter? Besides, even if he could, you don't even know where you are."

I groaned in frustration and hung up.

Scrolling through my short contact list, I contemplated on who to call next. I stopped on Emily's name and dialed it.

"Leave a message after the beep," She answered and I shook my head with a small smile.

"Emily, don't be stupid."

"Okay, okay," She chuckled. "What's up?"

"I'm stranded and I need someone to pick me up," I blurted and she replied with a laugh. "It's not funny."

"Wait, you're serious?" I groaned and hung up. She called after a few seconds. "Sorry, it was kind of funny."

"How?"

"Ignore me. So where are you?"

"I don't know, but it's a beach."

She sighed. "Are you with your phone?"

I tapped my pockets and panicked a little when it wasn't there, but then realized that was the stupidest thing I've ever done. Trying to feign smartness, I replied, "Of course, how else would I be calling you?"

"Oh," She giggled. At least I wasn't the only stupid one. "Then use Google maps to get your location."

I palmed my face. Why didn't I think of that?

When I got the name of the beach, I called her again and told her the name and how long the drive was.

"Wow, it's that far?" She asked, surprised. "You do know I can't drive, right?"