Chapter 25: The hurt in my voice

Here's chapter 25, enjoy xP. This is unedited btw, but I don't think there are errors, oh well.

I have no words. We're almost at 13k and we just hit #32. How?? Thank you so so so so so so so much for everything. <3

Nasir's POV

I raised an eyebrow. He did the same in response. I tilted my neck. He did the same.

We had been at this for almost five minutes and neither of us were bored of it, but one of us would have to crack soon, and it was..

"Okay," He said and I did a fist pump into the air. "Let's get to why you're here." He tried being serious, but the smile on his face gave him away.

"I swear, I didn't do it."

"I know," He sighed. "But your coach reported it and obviously it counts as vandalism. Even if you didn't do it, you still have to pay for it since we don't know who the culprit is."

"But," I interrupted. "If I pay, it'd just be a go-ahead for them to do it again."

"You see, Nasir," He stood up and walked round the table and sat on it in front of me. "I love children, which is why I am a principal." He stopped before adding, "That and I love ordering kids around like the douches they are."

My jaw dropped as I looked at him in shock.

"What? It's the 21st century, everyone swears, even my grandmother." He explained like a forty year old man cursing was normal. "Anyways, kids would always do stupid things and someone would have to pay for it. And in this situation, you're the one paying."

"But-"

"You're dismissed Nasir," He flicked his wrist and shooed me towards the door. "Oh and come see me after school, so we can talk. You seem like a cool kid."

"I have soccer practice after school."

"I'm aware the coach has already chosen the players and you're one of them, just tell him you have an appointment with me. Now get to class."

I shook my head with a smile on my face. People made the principal sound like a bad person, but he was really cool. I just didn't want to be his pet.

I walked to my next class, chemistry. As I opened the door, everyone turned to me. I simply nodded a greeting at the teacher and walked to the back, where Emily was waving at me frantically.

"What's up?" She asked as soon as I flopped down on the chair.

"Nothing really. I just saw the principal and I have to pay for my locker."

"What happened to it?"

"Some guys painted it pink and since no one knows who did it, I have to pay."

She nodded understandingly and turned to face the teacher, who was ranting about enthalpy change.

After chewing my pen to the point of ruin, I decided to ask Emily about Nolan.

"Have you spoken to Nolan?" I questioned, still facing the teacher, so no suspicions could be made.

"Nolan?" She paused to fake write her notes. "I spoke to him this morning. Why?"

"Well, I haven't spoken to him in a while. It's almost as if he's ignoring me." I said and silently hoped the hurt in my voice wasn't noticeable. "Like he doesn't want to be seen with me."

"Honestly, I don't know. When I spoke to him, he was in a hurry, so we couldn't talk much."

"Oh okay." Now, I was sure the hurt in my voice was prominent.