Chapter 32: Why - Part 1

Picture is of Nolan. Enjoy <3

Nolan's POV

Everyone refused to believe. I would never do anything to hurt those I cared about, well, at least not intentionally.

I never noticed how friendless and lonely I was until Nasir and Emily started staying away from me, or rather, I made them stay away from me.

It was her fault. I remember everything as clear as day, how could I not?

That morning, Emily had announced that the whole school knew about Nasir, which was weird because, if they knew about him, they most likely knew about me too. I was adamant not selfish; even though I didn't want anyone other than those close to me to know I was dating a guy, that didn't mean I was happy only him got outed.

When we stepped into the building, the students didn't hesitate to start calling him names. It was infuriating, but what could I do?

Clearly, the person who had taken those pictures was a professional stalker and the students who had believed that the other guy was Jake, were irrefutably stupid. I had no idea why Jake was brought into this; the guy already had enough on his plate and this would definitely make it more than enough.

After school closed for that day, she walked up to me, a dirty smirk playing with the corner of her lips. I tried moving away from her but she blocked me and that was when I felt two strong hands grip my arms and drag me to the restroom.

She entered shamelessly, making sure to sway her hips to the point where it looked like they were dislocated. One could see the mischief in her eyes and it didn't take me that long to put two and two together.

I recognized the guys who were holding me; they were the same people who were beating Jake up the other day.

"You know. There is something strange going on in school," She started. "Have you noticed?"

Swallowing, I shook my head, "No."

"You don't?" She raised a brow. "Well, it was revealed that one student here is a fag." Why I was so scared, I do not understand, but I managed to prevent my body from shaking. She took a few steps closer, "You wouldn't want to be seen close to him now, would you?"

"Why?" I questioned. "It's not like he's not still the same person."

"Of course," She smiled and nodded. "It seems like I've been too cryptic." She stepped closer again as her expression changed. The mischief was evident before, but now she looked ready to kill. "If I," She gestured to herself, "see you anywhere near that fag, I will ruin all of you."

"Are you sure you're not sick?" Clearly, she had to be sick.

"I am not sick!" She exclaimed, her nose flaring in anger. "If you think I'm going to let you slip through my fingers once more, you're wrong. You're mine," Her voice rose on the last part, but not loud enough to attract any attention from outside. "Can't you see that?" I shook my head, clearly terrified. "If you can't," She smirked again and this time her eyes spoke for themselves. "I'll just have to make you," She promised and the hands on me let go, before she caught my wrist in a vice like grip and dragged me out.

It was overwhelming how I felt powerless against her. She gave off a certain vibe that made you want to avoid her at all costs, but how she was able to mask it was beyond me. I should have stayed away and lived my life in the background so she would never have to notice me.

"Listen," She stopped and withdrew her hand. "I'm not going to let you be a fag and if you try to swing the other way, you will hate yourself." All fake-friendliness and sweetness was gone, once again, she was ready to kill. "I will make sure your little girlfriend never plays soccer again."