Chapter 22: Canoes, horses and jerks

This book entered the top 200 and is currently at #169(a new peak) and I'm like wuuuuuutt! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I can't thank you enough :')

Please read the A/N at the end.

Nasir's POV

Thinking of the right place wasn't as easy as I thought. I wanted the date to be something unusual, but pleasant. Nabila wasn't helping at all, but who could blame her, she is a girl and Nolan is a boy. When I asked her for help, she gave me cliché ideas and whatnot. I decided to give it up and think of it by myself, so it would be original and also outside the box.

I was terrible at this. Nothing was coming to mind. I even thought about asking Emily, but I was adamant on doing it myself. So I decided to use what I liked to determine it. I had these strange mentalities that if I couldn't think of something he liked, why not come up with something he would like? I was dwelling too much on what he liked, so I decided to go with something I liked and maybe he would like it. No, I wasn't being self-centered; I just wanted something different for a change, something that was a little unheard of.

It took a few days before it finally hit me. It wasn't anything special, but he was bound to like it.

I told him to wear shorts because it would be silly wearing trousers to where I was taking him. I muttered a short prayer before leaving, crossing my fingers the whole ride to his place. When we stopped in front of his house, I texted him, telling him we were waiting him. He didn't waste time and we were on our way. The ride was long, but I hoped it would be worth it.

By the time we got there, he was already falling asleep, so I had to tap him before announcing we were here. Right now, my index and middle fingers were sore from crossing them for too long, but that didn't stop me from crossing them even harder as we stepped out of the car.

"Oh. My. God." I heard him gasp as I walked to his side. My eyes scanned the area, it was beautiful, sure, but it wasn't too special, because there were a lot of other people here, some probably even on dates too. It was a park, sort of. An eclectic one. It had a lake, a stable and so many other things, but it was the lake and stable that brought my attention to it. Maybe he was just happy because he had never been here.

"I'll pick you guys up in four hours. Okay?" Mr. Muhammad asked.

"Yeah, sure," I replied. "Thanks." The man had somewhere to be and he sacrificed an almost hour drive to bring us here, so I definitely had to thank him. "Come on, Nolan." I dragged his arm to the lake. Canoeing.

After waiting in the queue, I paid the man in charge of the canoes.

"Don't go too far son, you'll see things you don't wanna." The man stated with a serious look on his face, but not attempting to make eye contact

I nodded a reply, even though I didn't even mind what he said, he had probably told that to everyone and was most likely talking about nonexistent lake monsters.

I walked to our assigned canoe, while Nolan just trailed behind. I was getting this weird feeling that he didn't like it anymore.

I grabbed the life jackets and handed one to him and placed the float at the back.

"So, have you ever canoed?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Okay, so you're going to sit at the bow." I gestured to the front part of the canoe. "Since I'm the experienced one, I'll sit at the stern," I motioned to the opposite end. "So, I can do all the steering." He scoffed and climbed in, I followed. "Nolan?"