Epilogue

Epilogue

I apologise for this coming late. Wattpad underwent maintenance last night, which lasted for an hour or so and I had to go out. I couldn't take my phone and I got back by 4 a.m. (GMT+1) You can tell what happened when I got back xD.

Anyways, I attached a lyric video of 'Double Rainbow' by Katy Perry...because : P

Enjoy!

Nolan's POV

"Ew. I hate this," Emily told me as she adjusted her sleeveless dress. "It doesn't even compliment my boobs." Another sigh escaped me, making her turn from the mirror to me. "Nolan, look me in the eye and tell me my boobs look good in this dress."

Rolling my eyes in an attempt to avoid looking at her and to anger her at the same time, I responded, "Emilia Brown, your boobs look amazing in that dress. Now, can we go?"

"No." She shook her head and turned back to the mirror. "I should probably stuff them."

"Are you kidding me? You need to stop with these insecurities. You look amazing," I told her and looked into her eyes. "Really."

She chuckled lightly. "You look good too. Very dapper indeed."

"Remind me again why I allowed you dress up in my room and not your house."

"Uh, because there's no one in my place to fuss over me and tell me how good I look and here, we have your mom for that."

Releasing a breath, I turned to the door and announced, "We should probably start going."

"Yeah," She smiled and followed me out of the room. "I still can't believe we're dating though."

"Ew." My nose scrunched up. "Don't say it like that," I told her. "We're not dating. We're just going to the dance together because we have no one else to go with."

"Shut up." She replied before getting in front of me. "Remember, no moping around when you see him. We're supposed to enjoy this; in less than a week, we'll officially become seniors. Besides, it's been two months."

Turning away from her, I began to alight the stairs. "Yeah. It'll be easy. I'll just hang around you and Jake all night."

Emily shook her head. "Just me. Jake's grounded."

"Have you ever noticed how much Jake gets grounded?"

Shrugging, she followed me downstairs and walked to the refrigerator. My mom was nowhere in sight, meaning no unnecessary pictures and rambling about how we grew up so fast.

A burp from Emily snapped me out of my reverie. "Yeah. Let's go," She said as she threw the empty canned drink into a dustbin. And just when we were about to leave...

"Nolan," I heard my mom shriek before flying down the stairs, literally. It was a miracle that she didn't trip and break her neck.

Rolling my eyes, I pulled Emily to the corner that had good lighting. Might as well get this over with quickly.

"Good," was all my mom said before pulling out the anticipated camera. "Now put your arms around her."

"What? We're best friends," I reminded my mom. "We're supposed to be making goofy faces at the camera not acting like prom dates."

"But I heard Emily say you guys were dating." She seemed genuinely baffled, turning from Emily to me.

Emily spared no second before saying, "Ew," leaving me slightly offended before retorting, "Ew to you too, Emilia."