Chapter 33: Why - Part 2

Surprise!!! xD you love me!! <3

Nolan's POV

After that experience with Emily, I figured that Anna didn't want to hurt them, she wanted me to. I felt shameless for doing that to Emily. She had tried to compose herself, but I knew her too well to know that she was breaking inside.

Anna had just shrugged at me and remained there like a pest. The rest of the week had me with Anna by my side. I was pretty sure the whole school thought something was going on between the both of us.

Saturday came torturously slow. Anna never left my side that morning and it became annoying. I had snapped at her once to get a life, but she replied with harsher words and kicked me where no man should be kicked.

Thankfully, my mom had asked her to leave because we had to do a few things together. I could still feel the ache between my legs, but I ignored it. Excusing myself, I grabbed my car keys and announced that I was going to be back in the evening.

With palpitations, I managed to drive safely to Nasir's. I texted him and he came downstairs quickly. I told him that the ride would be long, but he would like our destination. When he fell asleep, I found myself lacing my fingers with his. Honestly, I didn't want to let go, but when we arrived it took everything in me to not remain there for hours.

I told him we were at a beach and was glad that he smiled. We talked about a few things and when he asked why I had been ignoring, I ran away and used volleyball as a cover. The worst part was that I didn't even like volleyball.

Deciding that it was a stupid move, I came back and apologized. I was definitely turning into something else. I had lied to him that I was having family issues. He seemed to believe, but that didn't relieve my distress in the least.

Surprisingly, he hugged me and I felt myself break down. My eyes closed on their own accord, but when I opened them, I caught the eyes of Anna.

Immediately, I tensed up and pulled away from him. The slits on her face that were supposed to be her eyes scared me. One would think she couldn't handle the sun, but I knew better.

"I-I have to go now," I told him and ran off immediately. Hopping into my car, I zoomed off, without even bothering to buckle myself in.

Tears burned behind my eyelids. I knew how stupid I was being. I knew I would soon reach my breaking point and I wasn't even sure how I would react. My fear of Anna was not quite unreasonable. The girl wasn't afraid to physically hurt anyone.

If I continued this way, I would only hurt myself and the people I cared about; as if that hadn't been done already.

I shouldn't be scared of Anna. I mean, what's the worst thing she could do? Kick my balls until they turned purple? I cringed at that. She would definitely do that. Since she had proven she could eliminate anyone who got in her way, who knows what she would do to make Nasir stop playing soccer.

Questions began to seep into my head. How did she know I was coming to the beach? I didn't tell anyone about it, not even Nasir. Or was it just a mere coincidence? I doubt it. If she had stalked me after my mom told her to leave, how didn't I notice I was being followed?

**

The next day, I had followed my parents to church, not just because I wanted to avoid Anna, but also because I wanted to pray. The habit of praying was never inhibited by me, but whenever I did, there was a strange sense of calmness and that was definitely what I desired now.