Chapter 9: I really like you

Hey, so here's chapter nine. I hope you guys like it. Nothing much to say here, so, enjoy :)

Nolan's POV

My heart literally cried out in ecstasy; from the sudden increase in my heart rate to the sharp intake of air, I knew this was what my heart was aching for. Thoughts flew around in my head and I realized my eyes were still open.

He liked me after all.

Emily wasn't stupid. She actually knew what she was doing all along.

I closed my eyes and melted into the kiss. His lips were softer than I remembered. When I rubbed my tongue on his bottom lip, asking for entrance, he shoved me and gasped.

I heard my heart purr in disappointment. I looked at his face and saw a look of regret on it.

"Oh my God, I'm really sorry, I didn't meant to shove you like that."

Just today alone my heart had done more than pump blood around my body, it had broken and mended itself twice. If it had to break again, I would probably get a cardiac arrest.

I smiled, "It's alright." I wanted to continue kissing him, but the courage to do that seemed nonexistent.

He scratched his head, "Should we continue the project or do you want to do something else?" He stuttered a little and I knew he was shy too.

Hell, who wouldn't be?

"I-I-I don't know, your choice." See my point?

Silence.

After staring at each other for minutes, with some eye contacts, I decided to talk about Nabila and Dave.

"You know Nabila and Dave are together, right?"

He rolled his eyes. A clear sign of disapproval. "Yeah, she told me."

"Oh good.." How do I say this now? I still found it awkward talking to him and talking to him about something different might make it seem like I was trying to ignore the whole thing. "Anyways, she just wanted you to know that he's really cool and well, that she actually likes him and all."

He snorted and remained silent.

"I just think you should give him a chance." I said.

He sighed, "It's not like he's done anything bad to me in particular, I just don't like his guts and can't help but think he going to hurt her"

"I'm sure she can take care of herself. She seems pretty strong, kinda reminds me me of Emily"

"No one is like your best friend," He said shaking his head "no offense, but she crazy as fu-" He stopped himself before he could finish swearing.

I don't know why, but now I started seeing him differently; he suddenly looked so irresistible, his lean build: slight but very obvious biceps, the outline of a toned chest showed through his white T-shirt, his big brown eyes and finally his long, lean and oh-so-angelic legs, his calves weren't so big but the muscles were obviously there. I always had a thing for legs, whether it belonged to a guy or girl.

I didn't realize I had been eye-raping him all this time, because when I finally looked at his face, there was a tint of red on it, which meant he had caught me ogling him.