Chapter 29: Burns and Breathlessness

Despite having a stressful week of college application essays, insomnia and a terrible eye infection, I still managed to come up with something. I should be applauded xD.

This is unedited AF!

Enjoy, y'all.

Nasir's POV

I didn't think. I just did it. The moment my fist connected with his jaw, reality dawn on me. I stared at him with wide eyes as did everyone else in the room. The fear in his eyes was evident. I wasn't sure whether it was because of me or not, but the probability was there and that made my chest constrict.

I turned to Anna, and even though she was as shocked as everyone else, I could still see the Schadenfreude in her eyes; she was definitely enjoying this.

The skin where I had punched him was now glowing red and it took everything in me to turn away from him and walk towards Jake. Surprisingly, the two guys let me walk past them and pick Jake up. When he stood up, I noticed he wasn't that short. In fact, I was only taller than him by a few inches.

I tried supporting him as we walked out, but he seemed fine on his own, so I let him be.

"Are you okay?" I asked finally.

"Yes," He replied as he pinched the bridge of his nose, which was turning purple from where they must have hit him. "You should probably get to practice. You're already late."

I nodded and walked away.

Fortunately, no one made a big deal of me coming late. I changed immediately and joined them on the field.

"Soccer is a game of team co-operation, Gavin," Coach yelled. "Co-operation!" He exclaimed to emphasize his point. "You don't run around with the ball ignoring your teammates just so you could be in the spotlight."

I turned around, wanting to see who Gavin was. I huffed when I recognized him as the imbecile. Everyone knew him as a selfish player and no matter how much he was reprimanded, he would never change. I didn't blame him though; it was already a part of him.

Like they said, 'An ass will always be an ass'. Well, I'm sure not how popular it was, but I had heard it from someone and it was true. No matter how much a person tried to change, even for another person, their original character would always remain a part of them.

As expected, he didn't listen, but he was too good to be removed from the starting eleven. When practice ended, I was drenched in sweat and not only mine. My breathing was erratic but I had trained myself to get it under control so I wouldn't get an attack easily.

I stripped out of my jersey and waited for someone to finish with their shower.

Casper finished first and I couldn't help but stare at his wet, bare chest as he stepped out. The fact that he was attractive was acknowledgeable, but it didn't make my heart race the way it normally did whenever I looked at Nolan.

I sighed when I remembered how he looked at me with so much fear when I punched him. I left the shower almost as soon as I entered and made a mental note to shower again at home.