Chapter 11: Acceptance

This is for @TheWitchAndTheCat thank you for speaking to me that other day, even it though it was really short lol. <3

Here's chapter 11. Enjoy! And that's Anna. :)

Nasir's POV

"OhmyGod. OhmyGod. OhmyGod." I had been chanting that like some sort of incantation, hoping what just happened was just in some sort of alternate reality. Nolan had also been staring at me, slightly amused.

"You know that doesn't help you at all, right? Just go talk to him, he didn't slam the door, that has to be a good sign." I didn't understand how he could be so amused at such situation.

I realized I was still hovering over him, so I pecked his lips a little and rushed off to look for my dad, after telling Nolan he could leave if he wanted or he could stay if he still felt comfortable.

I blocked out the thoughts that swirled around in my head. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on his door. "Come in!" It sounded like an order, as if he knew I was the one at the door.

I stepped in and waited at the door after shutting it. The awkward silence mocked my discomfort. He raised an eyebrow when I didn't say anything.

"So, dad, what's up?" Really, Nasir, really.

"Oh you know, things, finding out my son's gay." My pulse sped up at the way he said 'gay'. Noticing my sudden discomfort, he smiled in amusement. "Relax. Come sit." He said, patting the space on his bed beside him.

"It wasn't what it looked like." I still don't get why people always said that when they were caught doing something, mostly bad.

He sighed. "I know this is tough for you. I do, trust me." He hesitated, no paused, he paused like he was out of words and was thinking of what to say. "I never thought I'll get to talk about this with any of my children."

I nodded, "It's not like any parent does."

"That's not the point. It's just that this issue is very contradicting, I don't want to hurt you and at the same time, I need to maintain my faith."

I scrunched up my eyebrows.

"You're expected to love everyone, yet people are homophobic. You can't help who you fall in love with, yet it's a sin when you fall in love with the same sex. It's not like someone chooses to be gay. I mean some people still think it's a choice, which I think is quite stupid.

Besides, nothing biblical or Qur'anic says it's a sin to fall in live with a guy, it just condemns the sex part. But from my own view, I would say, I think it's a sin if it's done out of nothing but lust, because when two people fall in love, the sex doesn't matter. You get what I'm putting down, right?"

"Yes. That it's not wrong to be gay, it's just wrong when you are with lustful intentions."

"Even if it was wrong, I would never condemn you. In fact that's one of the greatest sins I think anyone could commit. You're my son, and it's my duty to love you unconditionally, looking over your flaws and all."

At that moment, I felt more loved than I've ever been before. "Thanks dad." I said and gave him a side hug. We weren't really close, so I wasn't really open to him.

"Anytime son. As your father, I'll always be there to protect you, so if you ever feel insecure, come to me, okay? And also as your friend, I will support you always, but do the right thing."