Chapter 18: Unwanted hormones

Yay, he updated XP. This is for my sister who also reads this and loves Emily and whose account I also use to read straight romance books >_< Don't worry, I'm coming to write the next chapter in your room, so I can spoil it for you hehe. Jks lmao. :p peace_edel

Picture is of Emily. <33 Enjoy y'all

Nolan's POV

Some looks are deadly, but not all of them were meant to kill. Some, more often than not, only meant to scare you...or stun you.

This was one of those stares and trust me, it worked.

I was stunned beyond belief.

I visibly tensed and my jaw tightened in fear. Yes, I was intimidated by a girl.

As the car moved out of the school premises, her gaze followed me, but only with the movement of her eyes. It was creepy as fuck.

"Hello?" Nasir's fingers snapped in front of me. "Are you okay?"

"Huh?" I still wasn't completely out of my daze, "yeah, sure."

"Okay?" Doubt and suspicion laced his voice. "We're here."

It was then that I noticed the car had come to a halt in front of my house. I muttered a thank you to the driver who just nodded and smiled as I hopped out of the car. Nabila, on the other hand, had a look of amusement on her face.

Nasir flashed me a smile that stopped my heart, but this time, it was the good kind. He was probably restraining himself because his gaze traveled down to my lips, but he didn't make any attempt to kiss me.

I smiled back and waved at him as the car drove away before taking out my keys to unlock the door. For some reason I remained outside playing with my keys before I finally stepped in.

On my way to the fridge, I dropped my backpack on the counter. I grabbed an orange juice and downed it straight from the pouch, then decided to eat the leftover macaroni. I chucked it into the microwave. While waiting, my phone vibrated, indicating a text. I dipped my hand into my pocket and fished it out, swiping the screen without looking at the preview.

You will regret everything!

My heart slammed against my rib cage as I read and re-read the text. The sender was anonymous, which made it more horrific.

I dropped the phone on the counter and turned the microwave off. My appetite was gone, but I knew I still had to eat. I found my gaze turning towards my phone.

What did that text even mean? And who was it from?

I raised the fork to meet my lips, my attention still on the phone, and drop it the instant it touches my tongue. I probably should have let it cool a bit longer. Now I have a death threat and a scalded tongue.

I groaned as I stuck out my tongue. Not only was the food hot, it was also really spicy. I didn't remember it being this spicy when we had dinner the previous night.

I exhaled and inhaled through my mouth with my tongue still out; I felt somewhat like a dog. I stared down at the plate of food, which was suddenly very annoying.

"Stupid thing." I muttered and throwing the food away. I took another gulp of juice.

The bell rang while I still held the juice carton to my lips. Luckily I didn't choke, but a few drops fell to my chin. I replaced the cap before answering the door.