Chapter 4: Too cute to be straight

Hey, so here's chapter four. I attached a music lyric video 'Good for you' by Selena Gomez. I wanted to add the official video, but it was acting up. Sorry :(. I found someone to portray Nasir, Francisco Lachowski.

This is for Klaine-AnderHummel Thank you for everything, they mean the world....wait, no you mean the world!!

I hope you enjoy reading this. :)

Nasir's POV

Moving to America wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, hell, it was even cool. I expected the people here to be snobs and jerks, but they turned out to be really nice contradicting my thoughts on them.

I had already made a few friends here which was really surprising. I sighed, who am I kidding? The only friend I had were those creeps, but to be honest they were really cool. Emily was wild, but she wasn't reckless. I know how paradoxical that might sound but it's true. Nolan on the other hand, was withdrawn but he was quite open with his friends which included me.

While I had made only two friends, Nabila had made a lot, maybe even the whole school, ranging from nerds to jocks, from outcasts to the school's heartthrobs, you name it! How she did it confused the hell out of me.

My dad talked me into joining the school's soccer team, he said something about me engaging in diverse activities so I wouldn't be attached to one in particular. I inclined willingly because I loved soccer and was really good at it. Like Nolan, I was also withdrawn, but I think his was much more intense because I was on the soccer team and engaged in other other activities like swimming, athletics and gymnastics, which contributed to my lean build.

Back in Dubai, I was always topping the class, but when I moved here, I learnt that the top of the class was Nolan, I heard his grades never dropped, they either increased or the remained constant. Was that even possible? Despite me being on top of my class in Dubai, my grades would drop a little but nothing detrimental. I just hoped I could actually beat him.

"Hey, Nasir!" Emily yelled with that creepy smile on her face. Yep, wild! She was dragging Nolan with her and that meant she wanted him to say or do something, because he kept on saying "do I have to?"

"Yes, Emily, what's up?" I asked. I had soccer practice soon and I was kind of in a hurry.

She nudged Nolan's arm. "Oh, umm..I was wondering if we could hang out on Saturday" Nolan whispered/said

"Oh, sure. We haven't hung out outside school since the last time."

"Cool!" Emily exclaimed and dragged him away, while dragging him out, she looked over her shoulder and winked at me.

I walked to soccer practice. Soccer was one of the best sports in the world. Okay, maybe I said that because I was good at it, but seriously though.

Being on the soccer team didn't even change me one bit. I wasn't an attention whore and was most definitely not a jock. I had a lean build and I was 5'10". Yep, definitely not jock body.

We didn't have any competitions close by, but we still practiced to keep fit. I moved with the ball and dribbled a few opposing teammates and passed to a teammate who was on my team and also played almost the same position as me, the wing; I played on the left, he played on the right.

Dave, the soccer captain, yelled at the other team to step up, because my team had already scored two goals and we were barely halfway through the allocated practice time. When we scored a third goal, Dave decided to join their team against us. Dave was really good at soccer, his presence on the team made so much impact and it didn't surprise me when he scored three goals, bringing the other team to equalize.