Chapter 28: Ungrateful, greedy liar

Seriously, Don't hate Nolan :(. I attached a lyric video 'Bed Of Lies' by Nicki Minaj and Skylar Gray, because...well, you know or you'll know.

Picture is of the sna-...I mean Anna.

Enjoy. (:

Nasir's POV

Emily's word echoed in my head. Shit. That was the only thing reverberating in my head right now. I suddenly felt like we had intruded on something, but I kept the thought to myself, because whether I had intruded or not, this was not supposed to be happening.

I heard a humorless laugh beside me, "Are you for real, Nolan?" I turned to see her shaking her head in disappointment as furiously blinked back tears. "You know, I thought it was just me you were hurting, but clearly you don't know how many people you're hurting," She said between whimpers, that she probably didn't want to escape her lips, as she reached for the book in the bag that was still on the floor. I watched his blue orbs as they widened when the book came into his line of sight. "You see this?" She referred to the book. "You wanted this so bad, now you can have it," She finished and chucked the book at his face.

I expected her to miss, but it hit him smack in the face and I couldn't help but wince, considering the size of that book.

"You're so greedy and insensitive," She spat. "You think you can have what you want until you don't want it anymore, right? You wanted him," She gestured to me with her thumb. "You got him. You wanted a new book, you got it," Then she turned to a bored looking Anna, "And now you want this thing because you're scared."

"Emily-" Nolan tried to interrupt.

"Don't," She raised her palm to cut him off. "You're full of nothing but shit. Then, you'll come complaining how your dad doesn't love you and how he doesn't know what you want. Well, guess what? You don't deserve love. You deserve nothing and I hope you don't realize it when it's too late."

With that, she stormed out of the room, leaving me to face the two of them alone. I didn't even know what I was feeling, so I wasn't going to act on anything. I just stood there and stared at the both of them.

When Nolan opened his mouth, to probably lie again, I shook my head and walked out.

Emily was on the porch, waiting with a cold, hard expression on her face. "Carry me."

"What?" I asked, befuddled.

"Whenever I get pissed, my legs start to ache. And the ache intensifies with how pissed I am."

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard," I shook my head and walked into the street, making my way home. When I didn't hear her beside me, I turned around and saw her sitting on the porch shaking lightly with her knees drawn to her chest. "Emily," I called as I walked back to her. "Emily, stop crying. I'll carry you, just don't think of him."

With the way she stood up almost immediately and wiped her eyes, I began to doubt if she was actually crying because of Nolan and was just pretending so I could give in and carry her.

"So, which one?" I asked, referring to how she wanted me to carry her.

"Piggy back. It'll be comfortable for both of us." I shook my head and bent my knees so she could climb on. Thankfully, she was extremely light. "Now go." She kicked my side lightly, so I started walking. Her hands were on my shoulders and not around my neck, so it wouldn't look intimate to anyone. "How are still so calm?"