Chapter 30: The Right Decision

Unedited and kinda short xD.

Picture is of Dave. Enjoy.

Nasir's POV

My wheezing was probably not loud enough because the punches never stopped. The pressure in my chest was becoming unbearable and I could feel myself slipping into unconsciousness.

"Stop!" A distant voice yelled, but I recognized it almost immediately. Nabila. "What the hell?" It was only then that they stopped hitting me, but that didn't stop my urgent struggle for air. With a blurred vision, I saw her push the two guys away from me before she knelt down in front of me, frantically searching her bag. "You idiot," She slapped my head as she placed it on her lap and then I felt her put an inhaler between my lips before trying to help me stand up.

"Are you just going to stand there and watch her attend to him?" Another voice, Anna, yelled. "When I said 'knock the air out of him', did you think I was joking?"

I heard Nabila say, "Don't touch me," but they didn't listen because next thing I knew, I was on the floor once more.

My blurred vision was beginning to clear as the pressure in my chest receded. I took deep breaths to calm myself before looking up to see one of them approach Nabila with a predatory look on his face, making her shrink a little.

I felt my head throb as another voice yelled, "Hey!" At this rate, I was definitely going to leave with a terrible headache. Dave's figure jogged towards Nabila and shoved the guy off her, while another person, Casper, walked up to me and helped me to my feet.

I watched Anna storm out as she screamed something about those guys being useless. With Anna gone, the two guys had no one to order them around, so the left after her.

Nolan came into my line of sight as I scanned the place. He stood there with his blue eyes dancing around, glistening. The expression on his face made my chest tighten and I deceived myself that it was just an aftereffect of the asthma attack.

With Casper's help, I walked to the school's lot and entered the backseat of the driver's car, while Nabila hopped into the passenger's seat in front. Casper and Dave walked back into the school's building since school wasn't over yet.

"Dave will bring our bags later," She announced as she buckled herself in. Exhaling, I threw my head back and closed my eyes, but opened it immediately when Nabila shouted, "Hey, get out of the way."

I saw the person through the windshield as they waved their hands frantically, motioning for us to stop. Nabila huffed before rolling down her windows to yell at the person.

"Nolan, move!" She waved her fist. "I have one hell of a left hook here," She paused then looked at the hand she was waving. "Right hook."

"Just wait," He raised his hands in surrender as he moved closer. "I just want to-" Nabila didn't wait for him to continue before she threw her legs to the driver's seat and stepped on the accelerator, earning a glare from Mr. Muhammad who had been silent the whole time.

I turned back as the car sped out of the school and saw him fall on his knees before his figure became tinier and vanished.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" Mr. Muhammad asked as he glanced at me through the rear view mirror. Immediately, I moved so I was no longer in view. He noticed so he turned his attention to Nabila. "Nabila?"

"He had an attack, but he wasn't with his inhaler," She replied with a shrug. "Luckily, I always carry one around since he never takes his with him."