Chapter 6: Thinking of you

There will be a little sorta mature content in this chapter. Well, I don't really consider it as one, but I just felt like I should say it.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter. :)

Nasir's POV

Monday came by really quickly. I planned on avoiding Nolan and Emily, the only two people I spoke to in school, well except the guys from the soccer team, who I only spoke to during practice.

I walked to my locker to get my books for first period, chemistry, when I heard my name. I turned my head to the direction and saw Emily. I groaned.

"Hey, what's up?" I knew what she was here for. And I didn't need anyone making this hard for me.

"Don't even think about it, I know your kind, you would try to convince me that what he did was stupid and I should forgive him" I snapped making it clear I wasn't in a chatty mood.

"Whatever" She followed me to class, since we had the same subject for first period, and sat beside me. Wait, she what??!

She sits beside Nolan not me. I sighed. Well, she's not going anywhere soon. So I decided to listen to whatever she had to say.

"So, how's school? Are you enjoying America's teaching methods?" I smiled a little, testing the waters I see. No pun intended.

"School's good. America's teaching method is way different from Dubai's, but it's nice. I'm even surprised I adapted to it really quick, considering my pessimism towards moving here."

"So how's soccer and all?"

"Good, I don't have much problems with it. I don't have anyone on my neck so it's kinda stress-free for now I guess"

"Wow, you've been here for a few weeks and you've already found something to do other than school. But your friend Nolan is just a broken twig." She said rolling her eyes.

"So, I know you came to talk about Nolan and Saturday, so you could get to it now."

"Saturday? What happened on Saturday? I thought you guys were hanging out on Saturday."

"Yeah, your acting's not so great. So I suggest you just get to it, now." I intended to sound harsh so she would just leave already.

"Okay, so, on Saturday, he came to your place to hang out and he, you know..." She said making kissy faces, which made her look silly. I was supposed to be indifferent but I couldn't help laughing. She stared at me seriously.

"Oh, yeah. Proceed." I didn't really want to show any sign of friendliness.

She raised an eyebrow. "So, you were correct, I came here to tell you he was stupid for doing that. But, don't get me wrong, it wasn't a mistake or something he just felt like 'hey, lemme kiss a boy and see how it's like'. No! He actually umm..likes you, so...yeah" She was either stupid or she just felt like coming up with something stupid to cover up his stupid deed. All the same, everything was stupid, ranging from me to Emily and Nolan.

Nolan walked into the class and stared at us, well, her actually, he stared at her in a 'what-the-hell' way. And I couldn't miss the silly butterflies that danced around while flapping their wings in my stomach.

She turned her attention back to me, "so yeah, broken twig there likes you" I turned to Nolan's direction and saw him staring at me. Again, my stomach fluttered. Stupid butterflies. So, I decided to make my gaze murderous, just to intimidate him.