Chapter 19: Operation ditch the bitch

Dedicated to PositivelyDazed because he's amazing and so are his stories. And he's also one of the few male bxb writers I know on here. X'D

Nolan's POV

"Hello, Nolan." I was confronted by that more than familiar smile.

"A-Anna, what are you doing here?"

"Now, now, Nolan be a gentleman." My mom said from her perch on the sofa with a cup in her hand.

"Uh sorry, but Emily and I already have plans." I said, not feeling remorseful in the least.

"Oh good, I can join you guys." She beamed.

I looked to my mom for help. She knew I didn't like these situations, but, to my dismay, she just shrugged and went up the stairs.

Emily was going to have my head.

Speaking of the devil, just at that moment, the door flew open and Emily strutted in.

"Nolan!" She yelled. "Babe, those balls won't play themselves."

Her smile immediately dropped along with the temperature in the room. I shivered. She glared at Anna, who just stared back, passively, with that smile still plastered on her face. Emily's left eye twitched twice before she turned her glare on me.

"Nolan, can I talk to you?" She didn't wait for a reply before dragging me to the kitchen.

"What is she doing here?" she demanded, her voice laced with poison.

"I'm just as surprised as you are." I said, and in an attempt to explain added "I was upstairs waiting for you, when my mom called; I thought it was you, but then..."

"You're not ditching me for her, right?"

"Of course not." I said, shocked that she would even ask that. "But it may have slipped out that we're hanging out...and she may want to tag along."

Her eye twitched again. "She wants to join us. I said 'no-nasir'. That includes EVERYBODY. It's only you and I."

"I know. So how do we tell her?"

She huffed and marched back into the living room.

"Anna, sweetie," she began "Nolan and I already have plans and I'm sorry, but you can't come with us."

"Why not?" Anna retorted. It's as though she knew we didn't have a reason other than 'we don't want you', and she knew neither of us would say it.

I didn't need to be there to know that Emily's eye twitched again.

"C'mon besides I'm going to the sports club too."

Wait. Who told her we were going to the sports club, and how did she even know my house address in the first place?

Emily turned to me for help, but it suddenly struck me how interesting the vase on the counter was.

She groaned and finally agreed. "Fine," she said with indignation.

Anna smiled, a smile directed at me, and motioned to the door with her head. I picked my knapsack off the floor and followed them outside.

I unlocked the doors and at once Emily nudged Anna with her hip to get her out of the way and jump into the front seat.

I turned on the ignition and rode off. The sports club was just half an hour away but for some reason I was driving slowly. Clearly, we were going to get there in an hour.