Chapter Three

Apparently Jabberwock Park is on the central island. As I cross the bridge with Caim, Flauros, and Marzy, I start to understand how massive this place is. There's at least four other islands besides the island we were just on and the central island. Jeez, they really went all out for us. I'm flattered, honestly.

At the center of the central island is a large statue of a tiger, snake, a horse, a bird, and a gladiator of sorts. Pretty neat- maybe I'll come back here and draw it later. To the left is some sort of Mount Rushmore-ahh statue with four heads of some weird dragon creature. I don't know, but props to the person that carved it because it's pretty funny.

Positioned in front of the statue is a large monitor on a stand. And next to it is a new guy I haven't seen yet. Right off the bat, I realize that I'm not much of a fan of this guy, with their formal outfit and posture. But they get points back for the cool dyed hair. However, they do look like they're judging me with those light yellow eyes. Guess I have to be the nice one, then.

"Hi, I'm Sophie," I say as I approach with a smile. "I'm the sixteenth student. Ultimate Digital Artist."

Those yellow eyes pierce my soul for what feels like ages until they finally blink and reply, "En Underson."

It takes me a minute to process what they say about their Ultimate

"...What kind of dealer?" I ask.

En narrows their eyes before gesturing to their waistcoat. Now that I look at it, the gold buttons and brooches are shaped like the different suits of a card.

"Right," I say, giving them an apologetic look. "Card dealing. Cool!"

I have no idea why Ultimate Dealer is a thing. What do you get out of it?

"It's more useful than you assume it to be," En suddenly says, as if able to read my thoughts. At my confused look, they add, "You're not the first one to think that."

My face turns red from humiliation. "How did you know?"

"I am the Ultimate Dealer, it is often helpful to be able to read expressions during casino games. And to answer your questions, my abilities ensure that I never lose. So long as my hands touch the cards, my victory is ensured."

"Wow." Okay, so maybe Ultimate Dealer is pretty neat. "Does that luck help you when you're actually playing?"

"Not nearly as much, but my sleight of hand is unmatched by even the best players," En explains, inspecting a black-gloved hand as they speak.

"Great! You guys met!" Caim breaks into the conversation, probably to prevent me from screwing up a third time. I have a strong feeling that if I were to mess up again, En would probably punch me.

As everyone else finishes arriving, the monitor in front of the statue crackles to life.

"Can everyone hear me? Hello?"