Seven

Alexa's POV

"Did you go to see her?" Alex asked

"Yeah I did" I replied

"Is she okay though?, she just.. I can't even explain" Alex replied but I had zoned out.

I had been standing in her room long enough to see the bottle of morphine. I didn't take Carrie to be someone that survives on hard drugs. Was she broken? But she seemed happy.

"Sis, is everything okay?" Alex asked and I snapped back to reality.

Do I tell him what I saw? No, I can't because she doesn't even know I saw her and if she wanted anyone to know she would have told someone. Was I doing the right thing? Was I being a good friend by letting her do this to herself? This were the questions in my head.

"Yeah everything is fine. I want to do a little reading before I sleep.  We will talk later" I replied hanging up.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared for Carrie. I had gone down this part once and it didn't end well. This discovery made me want to know her more.

"Lord help me" I silently prayed.

I hadn't gone deep into my reading when I heard a knock on my door. I thought it was Carrie so I went to open the door.

"Hadirat" I said

"Hi Alexa" She replied trying to enter inside but I had no intention of keeping her company,

"What do you want, Hadirat?" I asked

"I just thought we could get to know each other" She replied

"I don't like you and my brother will never date so please leave no need to try being a kiss ass" I said

"Alexa, you know I thought we could get along but as you wish but just so you know, tell your friend to keep her claws of Alexander. I don't care if you want it or not but it will happen" She replied

"If you want to dare me then be my guest. Stay away from me, Carrie and my brother. You don't want to make an enemy of me, Hadirat. Don't test my patience" I said shutting the door in her face.

Alex's POV

I was very concerned about this girl that had occupied my mind. I had to send Alexa to check on her. My phone began to ring distracting my trail of thoughts.

"What?" I said without bothering to check who it was

"Baby" the sultry voice I hated cooed.

"Stacy, how the fuck did you get my number?" I asked

"Babe, you didn't tell me you were leaving the country" She said "Ian was the person who told me"

"The same Ian you cheated with" I seethed

"Babe, it was a mistake. Don't be like that, I am your girlfriend" She said like that was meant to make me forgive her.

"Stacy get this into you fucking skull. We are done" I replied before hanging up.

"What a bitch" I said to myself.

.......
It was 6:30 and it was 10 minutes to dinner time. I groaned kicking the duvet off my bed. Why do we have this nasty prep. I stood up and walked to my closet.

"So freaking small" I thought picking out a blue cargo pants and a white crew neck sweater. Thank heavens that the school wears casual at night. Imagine wearing some tacky uniform, gross.

I took my black bag and stuffed my books, laptop, phone, airpords, power bank, cord and lovely chocolates. I am set to study.

After wearing my socks and slides, I locked the room and headed out for the cafeteria. I could see some female junior students on either long lycra skirts or legging or sweats. The air was cool and for a moment everything seemed perfect.