Nineteen

Carrie's POV

"Where are we going to?" I asked

"Chill okay" he replied

"Alexander, just tell me na. Haba you sef eh" I whined

"Just wait a minute longer" he replied and I looked out the window.

We were in Ikeja and I wondered who even showed him the road. We got to Ikeja city mall and he parked.

"Are we going shopping?" I asked

"You will see" he replied

We walked hand in hand inside the mall and I couldn't help but admire it, it was my first time here since my parents were too busy to take me.

"Whoa, it's better than I imagined" I said

"You have never been here?" He asked and I nodded.

We walked to a restaurant inside the mall called Seven spurs and damn it was fine as hell.

"How did you find here?" I asked after we had sat down

"My driver showed it to me and I decided I wanted to bring you here" He replied and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Cheesy much" I replied as the waiter came with a menu.

"Good day, welcome to Seven spurs, what will you have?" The waiter asked as we scanned through the menu.

"I will have Alfredo pasta and buffalo wings and a bottle of fanta" Alex replied "You?"

I was not a fan of trying out new things because almost everything on the menu sounded foreign to me. Omo let me just choose something I know abeg.

"Jollof rice, turkey and a bottle of sprite" I said earning an amused smile from Alex.

The waiter left to get our orders and I vividly ignored Alexander's gaze.

"Jollof rice really?" He asked

"I cannot ask for something I don't know oo, I was seeing buttered tartar sauce and the rest, nawa oo" I replied and he burst into laughter "Ehh, laugh very well".

"You really amuse me" he replied

"Hey since you took me on this one today, we can go on an ice cream date another day" I said

"Nice, ice-cream date sounds fun and sweet" he replied

"I know I am the best" I said winking at him

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Minnie" He replied earning a glare from me.

The aesthetic of the place was giving, we weren't the only teenagers here today sef, it was as if lots of people were having get togethers.

"Lots of people come here" Alex said

"Duh, it's lagos" I replied

Chika's POV

"You okay?" Avery asked sitting on the chair beside me

"Yeah" I replied maintaining my glare at the stupid girl who sought pleasure in rubbing herself all over Dele.

"I could feel your jealousy from afar" Avery said

"Why would I be jealous, I don't see Dele that way" I replied facing her.

"Sure love, my own is sha don't let anything stop you from doing the right thing and if you like him, don't be afraid to admit it" She said squeezing my hand.

"Avery" Nini screamed

"Chi, I will be back" She replied before leaving

I felt unwanted at this pool party. I stood up and went back into Dele's house, I just wanted out of all this drama.