Five

Carrie's POV

The prefectship meeting was rowdy as everyone wanted to contribute.

"For the love of God, you all should abeg shut up biko" Chizaram, the lab prefect girl yelled

"Sister, our ears abeg oo"
"Nawa for who no sabi shout"
"Nne mechie onu biko (girl, please shut up)

"Guys" Bisi said and all attention turned to her "We have crucial activities for the session like the inter House sports happening in February, Val and David have it planned out. I need other prefects to submit whatever activities they have for their various fields"

I rose my hand up because I had something to say.

"Oh please Carrie, spare us the boredom" Hadirat said

"Bitch, will you shut the fuck up?" Avery replied as everyone laughed and she hissed.

"As I was saying, the Medical department wanted to host a health programme for students on hygiene and the rest. I and Leo haven't chosen a date but it should be like this term" I said

"That is good" Kamsy replied "Eseosa, take that down too, any more contributions"

"Variety night and senior gatherings. Any ideas on it should be communicated to either me or Joshua" Avery added

"Well with all this being said, I hope we all plan incredible things and we will communicate any further informations on the set group. Goodnight guys" Kamsy said as we began to rake our leaves.

......
"UGH" I groaned in frustration

Every single teacher that had come to class this week always had some scary thing to say about Waec or Jamb. It was how they wrote Jamb seven times or Waec ten times. I was so pissed at this point and I could tell that it wasn't only me that felt that way.

Mrs Ruvwe walked into the class and we all became quiet. I hoped she had something to teach sha.

"Good day students" She said

"Good day Ma" we chorused

"You all know me na, I will be taking you on Literature in English for this your finals" She said and we all kept quiet.

"I am sure you all know that your Waec exams is next week and your Cambridge exams begin in November for some of you" She started and I zoned out on her speech.

I kept counting sheep in my head till the period was over. I just wanted out of all this.

"Hey" Alexa said when she saw me in the hallway.

"Hi" I replied

"You are Commercial abi?" I asked

"Yeah, I am" She replied

"How has your stay been?"I asked as we walked for Biology class in the lab. Everyone offers Biology by the way.

"Well it has been alright, I guess. I am just getting used to the school and Nigeria as a whole. My high school in New York was quite different from this" She replied

"Yeah I read books about high schools there, you all don't wear uniforms, bitches, well bitches are everywhere. You know bad boy and nerd girl" I said and she laughed.

"Trust me those stereotypes aren't always there most of the time, it is different from what is portrayed in books, if I am being honest. It's just that I guess we have more freedom than you guys" She said softly.

"Omo at least we even have freedom, there are some schools in this country that it is like prison sef" I told her and she laughed.

We walked into the lab and took our seats close to the windows on the left side. Unfortunately for me, the seat I took was beside Kamsy.