Twelve

Avery's POV

Waking up everyday since the break up suddenly became a chore. I just felt like sleeping my sorrows away. There was no Charles to chat with all night. I missed him so much.

"Avery, we have to train the new sign ups" Chika said as she sat on my bed.

"You are up early" Carrie said putting on her charcoal mask. The girl has such flawless skin, I had given up on that a long time again.

"Come on Ave, where is the usual smiley Avery who threatens everyone?" Chika asked.

"She was the cause of the break up now all you get is Sad Avery with downturned lips" I replied walking towards the bathroom.

My friends have been really supportive since this whole fiasco and I didn't like them being worried about me.

.....
I and Valerie with a couple of other seniors trained the junior girls in hand ball and for a while, I felt ease within that was before Alex, Charles, Dele and Leo came in to watch the practice, so much for a stress free day.

I watched as they sat on the bleachers and chatted with Carrie. It diverted my attention from the game and they score against us.

"Cap, put your head in the game" Sharon said

"Sorry" I replied

Charles POV

As we walked in, Carrie smiled at Alex, Dele and Leo and then scowled at me. I deserved it, I know.

"Oh you are here too" Carrie said dramatically.

"Yeah, I wanted to watch the practice" I lied. I came here specifically to speak to Avery even though I knew she wouldn't want to hear me out after the break up. In my defense, I didn't tell her it was a break up.

"He wants to get back with her" Leo said

"Yay, now we are talking. What are your plans. Do you have a double cheese burger?" She asked.

"Well, the school banned us from getting deliveries and as assistant senior prefect I have to set examples" I lied again.

"Dude is broke as fuck" Alex said

"You swear a lot, Alexander. It's unhealthy" Carrie told him earning an eye roll.

"Sorry mom" he sassed earning a punch from her.

Carrie went to join the girls to play handball leaving us to talk about things. I stared at the girls that played and they were pretty, beautiful sef but Avery had always been the center of my attraction.

"You are whipped" Alex said

"Nawa oo, this handball sef dey vex me" Dele said as he shouted at Rebecca when she hit Chika.

"Na true sef Dele, I don dey see you and Chika, hafa na?" Leo asked chewing plantain chips noisily.

"Bro close your mouth first abeg and Chi is just my friend, no big deal" Dele replied staring into space "plus she likes Oscar"

I spat the chips in my mouth at this new discovery and I didn't seem like the only one shocked.

"I thought Chika was gay sef oo. No offense the girl is very fine but I no dey see her with man" Leo said

"Neither with woman" I added "How didn't I know this, I don't even think the girls know and Oscar has no idea.".

"Probably because she doesn't like people in her business" Dele said and I could smell a tinge of jealousy.

"Guys who is the finer between Hadirat and Carrie?" Leo asked after some time.

"Hadirat" I said

"Carrie" Dele said