Twenty

Carrie's POV

The midterm break ended a few days ago and I guess it was pretty eventful because lots of thing went on and off.

"Hey Carrie" Sharon said sitting on her seat "Guess what, hmm".

"Minister of Information ogini?" I asked knowing she has all the dirt on people.

"Anita and Prince broke up because during Dele's party, she caught him and Nengi doing the deed" Sharon said as my jaw dropped in awe.

Anita and Prince were the 'it' couple, they literally screamed goals.

"I always knew that Nengi girl is evil eh, Anita has been crying since" Sharon added eyeing Nengi in distaste.

"Guys" Elijah shouted gaining everyone's attention

"Guys, this half of the term, we are gonna have a party before we leave for Christmas oo" He said and I hissed.

"Na why you come dey scram"

"Ogbeni shift joor, no go read"

"Yay we get to dress up"

"Sister mechie onu biko"

"Guy, when is your health stuff holding sef?" Sharon asked

"Probably next week or after IGCSE" I replied grumpily.

Alex's POV

I was not so subtly cornered by Hadirat and I became so sour to my own suprise. I guess I don't like her then.

"What do you want Hadirat?" I asked annoyed

"Why don't you want to give me a chance, I know Carrie has spread so much lies about me" She replied and I got pissed at her not so subtle shade at Carrie.

"Leave Carrie out of this, I don't like you that way Hadirat okay, so like have some dignity" I said pushing past her.

"I was a victim of rape" She said silently as I took few steps forward. I waited until I realised she was crying. Was she serious?

"My uncle he always physically assaulted me and sometimes it makes me so scared but seeing you helps me cope. Carrie knows this and since she hates me, she uses it against me. She always tried to hurt me with this and then I was called the bad person" She continued.

"Hadirat" I called turning her to face me "Are you lying?"

I watched as she continued as tears stream down her face. I felt so bad for letting others judgement of her cloud mine. I mean she seemed like a broken child.

"I am so sorry" I said hugging her "NO matter who you are, rape hurts bad".

"So we are now in the hugging stage" Someone said and I turned to see a seething but fake smiling Carrie. I instinctively let go of Hadirat like a child caught stealing from a cookie jar.

"Ca..." I started

"Wow I thought I was seeing things sha oo, oh well you don't need to explain" She replied slowly backing away.

"Carrie" I called trying to go after her but Hadirat stopped me.

"Carrie let's her ill judgement of me affect everything, all I ever wanted was to be her friend" Hadirat said sobbing.

......

"Carrie, we need to talk" I said when I caught up with her before night prep.

I didn't give her the chance to argue before dragging her towards the school's garden. The garden was givig aesthetic vibes with its starry sky and dim light.