Twenty Three

Carrie's POV

After the whole fiasco with Alexa, I was sure that it would be easier for me to get the results of that test and duplicate it. I had gotten a false one by photocopying Avery's previous ones then changing the name. I had resolved to do it immediately after the Government class that seemed to be taking eternity.

"So military coup is bad, who can discuss it according to the respective dates?" Mr Ubong asked looking around for who to call "Jamal, come and answer the question".

"Nooo" Sharon groaned and I smiled "This boy talks too much na, haba".

My classmates were already slouching in their seats due to maximum boredom, everyone was waiting for break time that was in 10 minutes time.

The intercom came on and Bisi's voice came through as she announced whatever she wanted to.

"Good day students, our annual inter school competition will be held in two weeks time, please register with the teachers whose names appear on the notice board for whichever category you want, From the health department, we have a health talk today that is going to be anchored by our health prefects by 2pm and lastly Inter House sports will be coming up next year February but tomorrow during break, everyone will go to the auditorium to find out where they have been put. Thank you, have a wonderful day" and the intercom went off.

The shrill sound of the alarm bell brought me back to reality. How could I have forgotten that we had a health talk today which meant that the health bay was going to be locked.

"Carrie, why did you people put this boring talk today" Sharon whined hitting her head on her locker.

"It will be fun na" I replied as she eyed me in annoyance

"You all should do 2017 Jamb past questions" Mr Ubong said before leaving.

"Carrie oo" Leo exclaimed running into the class "How did we forget something this important".

Sharon snickered loudly earning a glare from Leonard who looked pissed.

"What are we going to do now?" He asked sitting on Sharon's desk.

"Why don't you go and check up on the program planning committee and the auditorium arrangement while I go to the health bay to help the nurses prepare" I suggested

"Good idea, let me go and meet Anaya so she can help me" He said before running off.

"I don't know why you people have these boring programs sef" Nengi said loudly to Rebecca.

"Feel free to not attend then get a tardy slip from Principal Kayode" Sharon replied earning an eye roll from them.

"Abeg no mind them biko, I will have to go now, copy any note I miss for me oo" I said before leaving the class to the hallway of crowded kids.

.....

"Nurse Rose, I can help stay back here while you go to the auditorium" I said

"Good idea, you can attend to any student that comes okay" She replied and I smiled. My plan was working.

After the nurses left, I began to sort through the pile of Ss3 folders until I found mine, I quickly swapped the main result with the fake one just in time before one of the intern nurses came out.

"What were you doing?" She asked as I managed to squeeze the paper and put it into my skirt.

"Oh...I  was just sorting the folders to make it easier for accessing" I lied then cringed internally but she seemed to believe sha.

"Okay, you can go ahead and help them in the auditorium, I will attend to any student coming" She said.

"Oh okay then" I replied before leaving the health bay.