Chap. 19

Hi :)

"Make yourselves comfortable. I'm gonna get some drinks." Mr. Wolfe—Uncle Mick said as he went to his kitchen. I took advantage of his leaving and looked around the living room.

It's insane!

There was a hammock at one wall of the living room, a fireplace with many pictures above the mantel, a flatscreen, a couch and a kick ass stereo. It was the ultimate bachelor pad.

All it was missing was a pool table.

I never knew how much of a big kid Mr. Wolfe was, or is. I don't even think Sarah and Lolo have ever seen this side of him yet. I mean, we all know how crazy Wolfe is during school.

"You have an awesome place, Mr. Wolfe." Fabien complimented when he came back.

"Thanks." He smiled. He set our drinks down on the table, "Soda for you two..." He inclined to me and Fabien, "...and a Heineken for your uncle and me."

"To music." Uncle Vic said as he lifted his drink in the air. The rest of us clinked ours to his and repeated, taking a swig of our drinks.

"Hear, hear." I laughed.

"So, what brings you guys over?" Uncle Mick asked.

"I figured that they're old enough to know about the Shack." Uncle Vic smiled cheekily.

Mick sucked his teeth sarcastically, "I dunno Vic, you sure they're ready for it?"

"Ready for what, Mr. Wolfe?" Fabien asked impatiently.

"You'll see." Uncle Vic answered.

"Again with the 'you'll see'?"

I giggled at my little brother's frustration. Uncle Mick on the other hand noticed that Fabien was still calling him with his tag, "Fabien, I'm going to tell you what I told Skye. When we're not in school, you can call me Uncle Mick." He smiled.

"Uncle Mick?" He repeated.

He nodded.

Fabien still had the questioning look on his face, "How'd you get that nickname?"

Our uncles laughed, and Uncle Mick answered, "Back then, my nickname was Mimic, a play on words with my name Dominic. I had the ability t—"

"Had? He still has it!" Uncle Vic exclaimed.

"...fine, I have the ability to repeat a beat or rhythm by ear. Your Uncle, Patrick and your dad cut off the first syllable to make it easier to say."

When he explained it, it immediately reminded me of the nickname my friends and I gave to Elijah. His nickname our dumb asses came up with was Elite, but then we cut off the first syllable and called him Leet, to make it a bit easier.

"Dang, that's crazy." Fabien said, wide-eyed.

So, Uncle Vic, and Uncle Mick...

Yeah, because there's no way I won't be able to not mix their names up.

I busted out laughing, until the three guys looked at me weird. I cleared my throat, and blushed, "Sorry, I just thought of something."

"So, can we call you 'Dom-mimic'?" Fabien joked.

We all laughed at the name, but it was true—there wasn't much of a difference between that and Dominic.

"Anyway..." I said, killing the laughs, "Where or what is the shack?"