Chap. 4

*Fabien's P.O.V*

"What do you say we help make your sister feel better?" Dad beamed at me. He had his acoustic guitar and he was inclining to my keyboard in my room.

Skye had a high fever and she hasn't interacted with anybody. She couldn't even play anything because the slightest ounce of movement made her head spin. All of our friends came to visit, but in the end, Mom and Dad said it was up to me to help her bring her back up to her feet.

I dropped my pencil and left it on my unfinished homework and walked over to the side of my room where my keyboard was. Technically it was mainly Skye's. She's the one who thought to buy it, I just went along with it. I grabbed it from it's stand and I went out of my room and followed Dad to Skye's room.

Skye hasn't been to school in four days. This sickness of hers really took a toll on her. So when we went in the room, damn, she was ripe. She hasn't gotten out of bed for anything except to go to the bathroom for the toilet. The shower hasn't been used. She was drooling on her pillow and Dad knocked me in my gut 'cause he knew I was about to laugh. Hell, he was too.

He stroked her hair and her eyes fluttered open and woke up. She saw us standing next to her bed and smiled at the sight of the instruments we were holding. Dad went to sit down on the side of her bed while I sat down on the ground, putting the keyboard on my lap. We began playing and soft music filled her room.

We played her favorite song, We'll Be A Dream by We the Kings. While we were playing, Mom came in the room too and watched everything play out. Skye looked tense; almost like she was ready to burst. She sat up and rubbed her face and stopped Dad from playing. She took the guitar and got in her zone. She lifted her legs off the bed and continued the song with me. The song kept going on and Skye got more into it.

Our parents were watching us hit every note.

The song was coming to an end and Skye's smile came back. We both ended, and Skye wrapped her arms around me and I hugged her back.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"What?" I looked around, "Did you guys hear that?" I asked my family.

"Hear what?" Dad asked.

Beep, beep, beep, "That."

The beeping became clearer. Everything began to fade and I instantly woke up. The song we played is now glued in my head now that I'm awake.

...and we'll be a dream.

I was rubbing my temples to get rid of this sudden headache I had when a knock banged on my door, "Fabien?" Leet poked his head through the crack of my door, "Hey, Bud. You awake?"

"Yes." I answered, but yawned afterwards.

"Me, Ref, and your uncle got something planned," He smirked, "You want in?"

"Depends..." I chuckled, "Is it worth waking up?"

"It'll piss off Skye and Erin."

"I'm in." I got up from bed and followed him out of my room.

We got to the kitchen and the three of them had all of these funky noise makers on top of the island. What in God's name have I woken up to? "What is all this?" I asked.

"Someone's still asleep." Ref snorted, "We're gonna wake up the girls."

"Why?"

"Why not?" Uncle retorted.