Chap. 13

Wooo!

After what happened yesterday, with One Direction, and my friends being weirdos, and the faculty being all sneaky... yeah, a lot happened huh? My mind's been completely out of it. I tried asking Uncle Vic, but all he could give was a shrug and a "I don't know" tone.

Anyway, my friends and I were also bound to the hip. We bonded every minute we could since they were scheduled to leave on Saturday night.

Actually, funny thing? They were all afraid that Fabien, Sean, Sarah, Lolo, and I would get in trouble because of what we did yesterday—our unexpected concert after school in the auditorium. They also felt a vibe coming from the principal yesterday, so they were just scared for us.

Although, I couldn't say anything differently because I honestly didn't know what it was about either.

I pulled up to Sean's house and honked. He came running out and then slid in the back with Lolo and Fabien. We devised a small plan of carpooling. Sarah then turned up the music and the song "Billionaire" by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars came on. We blasted it all the way to school.

The five of us sang along, "...Oh every time I close my eyes! I see my name in shining lights! Yeah, a different city every night! Oh ah-I swear, the world better prepare for when I'm a billionaire."

Then Lolo started rapping with Travie, "Yeah, I would have a show like Oprah. I would be the host of, Everyday Christmas, give Lolo your wish list," We laughed and he kept going, "I'd probably pull and Angelina and Brad Pitt, and adopt of bunch of babies that ain't never had sh..."

"Shh." Fabien added.

"...give away a few Mercedes, like Here Lady, have this. And last but not least, grant somebody their last wish. It's been a couple months since I've been single so..."

"No it hasn't!" I laughed as he kept going.

"...you can call me Lolo Claus, minus the ho-ho. Ha ha, get it? I'd probably visit where Katrina hit. And damn sure do a lot more than FEMA did it. Yeah, can't forget about me, stupid. Everywhere I go, Imma have my own theme music."

"Oh every time I close my eyes!" I sang aloud.

"Whatcha see? Whatcha see?" Lolo harmonized.

"I see my name in shining lights!"

"And what else?"

"A different city every night! Oh ah-I swear! The world better prepare!"

"For what?!"

"For when I'm a BILLIONAIRE!" The five of us yelled.

The song continued up until we reached the school. It really got our energies up for the day.

Fabien, our three friends, and I walked on campus again; just like we've always done. People were coming up to us wondering if what happened yesterday was real and not just a rumor. Fabien and my friends were the ones that assured them that it really did happen. I, didn't really care what they thought. Is that bad?

Anyway, it went on like that 'til the bell rang for first period.

The class started. We were anticipating the intercom to come on, but it never did—which was really, well, not normal. We went on with the period. As the class was slowly moving on, two voices began whispering behind me. I couldn't help but listen.

"So, did you see who it was?"

"No. I was too far away to get a good look at them."

"Them? There's more than one?"