Chap. 5

:)

"Lolo, will you please! Please! Just forgive me? Do you seriously think that I would intentionally forget?" Sarah said frustrated. She looked like she wasn't prepared to dig out of this hole that she unintentionally threw herself in.

I, on the other hand, was trying really hard not to laugh.

If only I had popcorn.

Fabien had his knees up to his chest, while sitting on the hood of my car. We were watching the two squabble like an old married couple.

"No. But not once did I forget your birthday, and it kinda hurts to know that you did. This birthday of all birthdays." He said disappointed.

"I'm sorry! I'll get you something sweet tomorrow. And I'll fully try and make it up to you soon." She apologized.

"That's not the point, Sarah."

"What else do you want me to say?"

"You can't just get me something and expect me to forgive you. That still doesn't change the fact that you forgot that it's tomorrow."

"Lolo! I'm sorry!"

He shook his head and gave her the silent treatment—yet again.

"Welp." Fabien interrupted, sliding his butt off the hood of my car, "We gotta go. We'll see you guys tomorrow." He dapped Lolo and patted his back, "Happy Birthday dude."

"We'll see you guys tomorrow." I smiled.

"Alright." They both muttered.

We got in the car, and drove off laughing our asses off during the whole ride.

"That was one of the greatest things I've ever seen." Fabien said trying to calm down. Lolo believed every word we said today about his birthday tomorrow and totally bought Sarah's forgetfulness.

Shit.

We're good.

The party this Saturday, I can already tell is gonna be epic.

"I'm just surprised we were able to keep quiet that long." I grinned.

"That's a new record for us."

"Right?"

"Didn't they remind you of Erin and Manny though?"

"What? Them going back and forth like that? Yeah it did. I was tempted to call them and say that I found their dopplegangers here in Virginia."

We saw the house emerge as we pulled up closer to the driveway. Aunt Joce was gardening the hedges, while Uncle Vic was washing his truck, Chad. Why he called his truck that, I'm still clueless. I'm too afraid of what he's gonna say for an answer. I mean, if it was a Karen or a Sheila, I'd understand, but Chad? Yeah, that's bound to raise a couple questions.

We got out of my car and they greeted us like they always did.

"If you guys are hungry, there's some left over pasta from last night." Aunt Joce explained.

"Thanks, Auntie." I said, as Fabien and I made our way into the house.

I got to my room and crouched down to look under my bed. Sitting next to the back leg, was an old shoe box that I kept there for safe keeping. I slid it out and opened it. My under-the-table jobs got me almost $1000 under my belt. Back in California, Erin and I were well known as we had grown up in the same area—just like here in Virginia. Everyone in school basically grew up with each other.