Chapter 27: Hunting For A Wild Robot

Enzo then flew towards it and punched it in the eye, before shooting lasers from his eyes at one of the tripod's legs, nearly cutting through the metal. The tripod recovered however and faced Enzo. "ENZO LOOK OUT!!" Shouted King, but he was unable to help as the Tripod suddenly shot Enzo! Knocking them to the ground! King panicked as he ran over to him to help. "Oh Titan, Enzo! Are you alright??" He asked worriedly. Enzo slowly tried to get up, but he was injured. "ENZO'S DOWN!" Shouted King. Luz knew that was a problem since Enzo was one of their most powerful fighters they had.

Luz growled at the tripod and continued to attack it, she flew towards its face and punched it rapidly with her superhuman strength, the tripod tried to fire another laser at her but she quickly circled around the tripod at intense speed, she then blasted towards it as she kicked it in its back. Luz then formed a fire glyph on her hand, fusing it with her palisman, allowing her to shoot fire directly from it towards the tripod, but the tripod continued to fight on. It faced Luz and fired another laser at her, she quickly dodged it and then fired laser eyes at the tripod, only slightly tearing into its hull. Angered, the tripod let out another ear piercing sound that caused everyone to cover their ears, making them lose their focus.

The illusions that Gus had generated disappeared, allowing the tripod to hit its targets. And to make matters worse, Vee ran out of breath, she collapsed to her knees as the the tripod began to reactivate its shield. "No no no NO!!!!" Luz shouted, she tried to attack it as she flew towards the tripod, but its shield was already up! Luz screamed as she was shocked by powerful volts, sending her crashing into the ground once more.

"LUZ NO!!!" Shouted Camila, she watched in terror as the tripod began to fire rapidly at all of the witches. Causing them to fly out of control, Willow suddenly fell off her palisman as Hunter quickly glowed gold and warped towards her and caught her mid air. The tripod looked down at them both as it opened fire at them. "RUN!!!" Willow shouted as she and Hunter quickly ran for cover. Steve quickly shouted "FALL BACK!!!" As all the witches quickly flew away and hid.

"Great, now what do we do??" Asked Raine as the tripod passed by, searching for them. Eda knelt down beside King who was still worrying for Enzo. "They've been hurt badly, we need healing magic now!" Shouted King. Steve quickly approached Enzo and said "Hold still kid, this will only take a moment." As he prepared some healing magic for Enzo. Lilith sighed and said "Well we don't got a moment though, that thing is hunting us down and we don't stand much of a chance against it.

Luz sighed as she said "Well, I guess I'll just have to keep that giant tripod distracted then, all of you stay here, I'll go fight it." But then Camila put her hand on Luz's shoulder as she said "Luz, I don't think that's a good idea." Luz turned to face her and said "Mom, I have to do something or else we're all dead, alright?" She pulled out her palisman and blasted off into the sky. Eda sighed and said "That's the kind of person Luz is, she takes the situations she's in very seriously now compared to how she was like back when she first arrived here. She's become a true fighter now."

Camila replied "I can see that." She looked down at the glyphs Luz gave her and said "I'm not going to stand around in the sidelines this time." She suddenly took off running. "Wait! Where are you going!?" Shouted Hunter. "I'm making a diversion to keep the tripod occupied!" Camila shouted back.

The tripod walked around for a while, searching for the Hex Squad, suddenly a voice shouted from behind "HEY!! LOOKING FOR ME??!" The tripod turned around to see Luz soaring towards it, riding on top of her palisman.