Chapter 32: Reinforcements

As all the witches prepared for battle, Luz spent the time with Amity trying one last time to try and go full goddess mode with her Titan powers. "Alright Luz, let's just try something simpler and less overwhelming this time." Said Amity as she drew a spell circle that formed a giant abomination creature onto the ground. It charged at her as Luz clenched her fists, Titan magic radiating through them.

Luz sprinted at the creature and leaped into the air, punching it in the face with intense strength. It collapsed but got back up again, Luz quickly drew a spell circle that caused vines to grow around the creature, grabbing it by its hands and legs, stopping it from moving. Allowing Luz to levitate into the air and fly straight through it at intense speed. The creature dissolved into goo as Amity asked "So Luz, did you feel anything godly about that?" Luz sighed and shook her head no.

"I don't understand, I just can't seem to do it Amity. I've tried multiple times but even still I can't seem to get all that Titan blood inside of me to supercharge my powers even further!" She said. Amity walked over to her and said "Luz, it's ok if you can't do it, maybe we don't even need it anymore since Enzo has given us the chance to fight back against the Archivists." Luz replied "Yeah, but a very slim chance, if we want to shift the odds closer to our favor, I would have to figure this out now."

"Babe, everything is gonna be ok, I promise." Amity said as she pulled Luz into a hug. Luz hugged back as she said "...I just really really want us to win this, because I want nothing more than for us to get married, it's all I've been able to look forward to. And if we lose, then it'll never happen, I can't come to terms with that." Amity smiled and said "Then we'll do everything we can to win alright?" Luz nodded and said "We should probably head back and help with the preparations." Amity nodded as they both returned to the owl house.

Luz oversaw the progress that all the witches made, Alador quickly got to work making as many weapons as possible for some of the witches, he built as many abominations wearing battle tech as he could, hoping to increase their numbers. "How's it coming along Dad?" Asked Amity. Alador turned around and said "So far I've created a whole group of abominations that are fit for battle, I've retrofitted them with all the advanced weaponry that I could make, defeating the Archivists will not be easy."

"I know Dad, we're doing the best that we all can do to increase our chances of winning this." Said Amity. Alador then asked "Amity, do you ever imagine what Odalia's been up to in the human realm?" Amity was puzzled by that question and asked "Why's that of all things on your mind? I thought we had completely moved on from her." Alador replied "It's not that I miss her or anything, absolutely not, especially after what she did to this family. I'm just worried about what she's been up to on the human realm."

Amity replied "Probably nothing great I'd imagine, I'm willing to bet she's been trying to get away with scamming people, or she could have ended up like one of those Karen's Luz told me about." Confused, Alador asked "Karens?" Amity replied "Oh, they're just entitled people who like to believe that they're right about everything and throw a fit at people who don't agree with them." Alador remained silent before saying "That's... an odd name to give to people like that." Amity shrugged and said "Well, that's just what they're called in the human realm."

"I was mainly worried that if Odalia were to somehow find her way back here, and she found out that you and Luz were getting married... Oh Titan I can't imagine what she would try and do." Said Alador. Amity smiled and said "Don't you worry about that Dad, me and Luz are going to be just fine, Odalia can't do anything about our relationship. Besides, there's no way she'd stand a chance against Luz, Odalia would think twice before challenging a Half-Titan."

Alador chuckled and said "True, yeah maybe you're right. I just feel bad that I allowed her to make all the rules in the family, that's all." Amity smiled and hugged him as she said "But when the time was right, you stood up to her and turned yourself around, which makes me happy to know that I still have a parent who cares." Alador smiled and said "I hope you and Luz have a great future together."