Chapter 30: The Strong Must Be There For The Weak

"There they are! FIRE!!!" Shouted Helix as he pointed up towards the Hex Squad. All the robots opened fire onto them as Luz shouted "EVERYONE GET INSIDE!!!" The Hex Squad ran inside as Hunter asked "How the hell did they find us?!" "I don't know!" Willow replied. "We need to warn everyone that the Archivists have found us, whatever happens, we can't let the Archivists get to them! We have to protect the witches at all cost!" Luz said to everyone.

The Hex Squad returned to the hideout as Darius looked at Luz and asked "What's happening??" Hunter looked at him and said "Bad news, the Archivists found us." Everyone gasped in horror. "W-what?? How?! What do we do?!" Asked one of the witches. Luz looked at everyone and said "We have to get out of here, this hideout is no longer safe anymore now that the Archivists know we're here."

"How do we do that?" Asked Darius. Luz replied "It's obvious, with a teleportation glyph." Luz then searched through her glyphs before finding the right kind of glyph. "Here, take it. Have your knights draw as many of these on the floor as you can, and get all the witches out of here." Camila looked at Luz and asked "W-what about you?" Luz looked at her and said "Me and my friends along with as many of the finest soldiers that we have will stay behind for now to hold them off for you, once all of you are safely out, we'll follow you."

Darius nodded and said "Alright Luz, good luck. COME ON EVERYONE! WE'RE LEAVING!" Vee approached Luz and asked "Alright Luz, how will we hold them off?" Luz looked at Vee and said "No Vee, not this time, go with your Mother and get out of here." Vee was surprised and asked "W-what?? But I should be allowed to help!" Luz replied "Vee, they brought the whole damn armada with them, we'll be heavily outmatched here and I don't want you to die! But if you want to help, then take this." Luz put the quantum core in Vee's hand.

"Take the quantum core and get it out of here, this thing is vital for defeating the Archivists, we cannot lose this." Vee sighed and nodded. "Please be careful Luz." She said as she walked away with Camila. Luz looked at them both as they left. As all the witches left, Amity gave her father and siblings a hug as Edric asked "We'll see you again right?" Amity nodded and said "As soon as you all are safe, we'll follow, now go." Alador nodded and said "Come on." As he and the twins walked away.

Before King left, he approached Enzo and said "Please come back safely, ok brother?" Enzo nodded and said with a smile "I will, little brother." King smiled and hugged him, before turning and walking away with everyone else.

Once all the other witches left, the Hex Squad was approached by Steve, Eda, Lilith, and many other fighters. "Alright Luz, we're all here to help, so what's the plan?" Asked Eda. Luz replied "Gather around the entrance and set up a defensive zone, whatever you do, do not allow them to get through." Steve nodded and shouted "Alright everyone you heard the commander, let's go!!"

All the soldiers made their way towards the front entrance as Luz approached the Hex Squad and said "Alright, this is it. Are you guys ready?" Her friends nodded as Enzo said "We're ready Luz. Those Archivist shall face my wrath before they harm any of my friends!" Luz smiled and said "Let's take it to them!"

All the other witches gathered around in the furthest corner of the cave as Darius ordered "Now I need all of you to draw as many copies of this glyph pattern on the floor as you can, we need to get everyone in here out of here safely! Make sure you leave one extra for commander Luz and her team!" Everyone nodded as they quickly got to work drawing the glyph pattern Darius showed them with their palismen.

"Where exactly do you think we'll be going?" Asked Emira. "I don't know, but it's our only chance." Said Vee. She then noticed Masha standing against the wall, they appeared to be breathing heavily. She approached them and asked "Masha? You alright?" Masha shook their head no and said "Of course not, we could die here! I don't want to die!" Vee nodded and said "None of us do, but don't worry, Luz and her friends will ensure our safety."