Chapter 17: The Calm Before The Storm

Castle of the Archivists....

"He still hasn't returned." Said Doradus. The other three Archivists were waiting patiently for their brother Orion to return, but there was still no sign of him. "What if they managed to conceal him inside that mirror? What if he was unsuccessful?" Pismis asked worriedly. Helix could already tell something was off. He looked at his brothers and ordered "That is it, we are traveling to the Boiling Isles at once! Ready the armada, we're beginning the attack now!"

Doradus and Pismis nodded as they began to move the entire floating castle with a mere thought. It began to make its way towards the Boiling Isles. Helix looked at the entire army that had been created and snapped his fingers, causing them all to power on in an instant.

Earth....

Luz and Amity arrived in Gravesfield so they could go on their date. They held hands as they strolled through the town, now of course Luz had to travel around in her human form so she'd blend in with all the other humans. She even had to go as far as to wear a hood to try and keep anyone from noticing her, everyone on Earth thinks she is missing after all since she moved to the Boiling Isles.

They had plenty of places that they felt like going to today, they started by visiting the amusement park, with the first ride they got on being the Ferris wheel. They waited as it lifted them all the way to the top, giving them a great view of the city off in the distance, it was late in the evening which allowed the city to stand out with all its lights.

"Man Luz, now I really gotta admit that while this realm certainly wasn't all that nice to you during your childhood, it definitely has some of the best sights." Luz smiled and replied "I know right? It's pretty cool being up here and getting to see all of this. And you know what? Since we're the only ones up here, I feel like there's no reason for me to hide right now." Amity looked at Luz all confused and asked "What do you-"

She went silent as Luz shifted into her Half-Titan form again, causing her to blush slightly. "Oh... huh, ok then." She muttered, her face turning slightly red. Luz sat down and smirked and said "What, you didn't think we were gonna go on this date without me using my Titan form to get you all flustered at least once did you?" Amity sighed and said "No, of course not." She approached Luz and sat down right beside her, getting herself comfortable against her fur.

As Luz looked up at the sky, her smile soon faded as she looked at one of her clawed hands, remembering what Orion had said to her, telling her that she could be immortal now because of her powers, the thought still frightened her and could easily be true, the silence of the Titan was somewhat confirming it for Luz as well. But there was really no way to know for sure. Luz stopped herself right there as she snapped out of her train of thought, refusing to allow it to ruin this peaceful moment she had with her girlfriend right now.

Luz looked at Amity who was laying beside her, seems like she got a little to comfortable laying against the fur on Luz's shoulder that she ended up falling asleep. "Dang, is my fur really that soft?" Luz thought to herself. She looked down at Amity and quietly kissed her on the forehead, waking her up.

Soon they had arrived at the bottom, which meant Luz had to change back into her human form, which caused Amity to let out a small whine in disappointment since she was feeling quite comfortable laying against the fur of hers, Luz chuckled and said "Don't worry mi amor, we can head back eventually and you'll have your Titaness back in no time." Receiving a small little laugh from Amity.

The girls soon arrived at a restaurant for some dinner. After sitting down and ordering, Luz looked at Amity and asked "So what do you think our friends have been up to lately?" Amity replied "I don't know, I feel slightly bad about leaving them to guard Orion on their own, after all, he is quite powerful." Luz nodded and said "Because of that I feel like we should probably head back soon so we can make sure everything's going well over there."