Chapter 24: Into The Shadows

Everyone walked for miles before finally arriving at the Titan's skull. Once they found a way in, they traveled through the dark tunnels. "Ugh... why did they have to choose to hide in here of all places??" Asked Lilith. "Because these tunnels go deep into the ground, the Archivists will not be able to reach us down here." Said Steve. They all traveled deeper and deeper into the skull of the Titan for a while, before they found a light at the end of a tunnel.

"I see something." Said Amity as she pointed towards the light. They all got closer to it and found the what was basically the entire surviving population of the Boiling Isles, they were all down here. Darius saw them and said "You're here! Thank goodness you're all alright."

"Dad!!" Hunter shouted as he ran over to Darius and hugged him. "Hunter! You made it!" Darius said with a smile as he hugged back. Amity looked around for a while, hoping her family was alright. "Ed?? Em??" She called out. Soon, her siblings found her. "Mittens?! You're alive!" Amity turned around to see Edric and Emira standing there, they all quickly embraced each other in a hug as Amity let out a sigh of relief. "Where's Dad?" Amity asked. "Right here, thank Titan you're safe." Said Alador. Amity smiled and hugged him. "We're alright Amity, and we're together now." Alador said with a smile.

Luz passed by everyone, seeing how many survivors there were, they were all forced into hiding down here in the dark. Luz slowly took off her hat as she saw the scope of it all. It was all too much to bare. One of the witches approached Luz and asked "Luz! Please tell me how things are going up there." Luz looked at the witch, her face of sorrow gave the witch confirmation. "This can't be... have the Archivists actually overrun the entire Isles?! What are we going to do?!"

Luz remained silent for a moment before saying "I don't know... The Archivists have a powerful army all over the island, I don't know if we can defeat them." She slowly walked away, meeting up with her sister Vee, she was sitting down against the wall, she looked extremely shaken up by everything that was happening. Luz sat down next to her and wrapped her arm around Vee. "You ok sis?" Luz asked. Vee shook her head and replied "...Luz, I'm scared... I want my Mom." Luz quickly embraced her for a hug and said "I know Vee, I know."

"Mom's probably worried sick about us right now! And she has no idea what's happening right now, and since we're all hiding here inside of a massive skull, we have no way of traveling back to Earth to tell her! I promised Masha to take them on another date! But now I can't because we're all stuck here." Vee continued. Luz nodded and replied "I understand Vee, the best we can do is survive until then." Vee replied "For how long? Will we ever be able to stop the Archivists?"

Luz remained silent, unsure how she should respond. Vee saw her silence and said "You're kidding. Luz, how can you not know what to do? You're a Half-Titan!" Luz nodded and said "I know that... but the Archivists have overpowered not just me, but everyone." Vee replied "Why can't you just do what you were doing earlier when you fought the Archivists in the woods?!" Luz replied "Oh that? I don't even know how I did it! It just happened!"

"I thought you had mastered your Titan powers completely!" Luz nodded and said "Yes of course I have! But this was different, it almost felt like I had the power to create entire universes. Which is something I hadn't felt since I used my Titan powers for the first time over four years ago. But the only reason I felt it then was because my powers were being given energy by the spirit of the Titan himself, but now they're only being fueled by King, I don't have as much power as I used to have then. So whatever happened there was something I have no idea how to do again."

Vee sighed and said "Well we can't just hide forever." Luz nodded and said "I know Vee, we'll figure something out in time alright?"

Later, Luz went to one of the more empty areas of the cave, she leaned against the wall for a moment as she tried to get her mind off of everything that was currently happening, hoping to find some brief peacefulness, but it proved futile, everything that has happened lately has been nothing but hopeless. Luz let out a dreary sigh as she slid to the floor and put her hands over her face. "...Fuck." She muttered under her breath.