chapter 2 the ups and downs of being a hybrid

"Hang in there Luz, we're almost there." Amity said. Luz was trying her hardest to hold her breath as long as she could to keep the glyph spell active. Unfortunately they both would encounter an obstacle on the way there. "Hey Mittens." A voice said. "Oh, hey Edric." Amity said. Edric looked at her for a moment before asking "Where's Luz? You girls are usually always together." Luz realized she was unable to hold her breath any longer, so she quickly went to go hide somewhere so no one would see her as soon as the spell went away. 

Amity replied "Oh, um... Luz caught the common mold. She's gonna stay in the dorm room for the day until it passes." Edric remained silent before saying "Alright, see you around Mittens." As he walked away. Amity sighed in relief as Luz came out of hiding as she asked "Is he gone?" Amity nodded and said "The office isn't much further." Luz nodded as she quickly activated another invisibility glyph. 

The two of them soon arrived in the office. Amity knocked on the door. "Come in." Eda called out. Amity entered the room as she said "Hey Eda, sorry to bother you, but me and Luz have run into... well, an inconvenience." Eda looked at her and asked "What happened? Did you girls accidently perform a spell that got one of pregnant or something?" Amity groaned as she replied "Eda, now's not the time for jokes! This is serious! Maybe I should just have Luz show you." 

Luz soon spoke "Hey Eda." Which caused her invisibility spell to cease, exposing her in her Titan form to Eda. When Eda saw her, she was surprised to say the least. "Woah... Luz? Is that you??" Luz nodded. "Um, wow! This is bizarre, that's the form you took when you first got those Titan powers to defeat Belos with right?" Luz nodded again, she didn't really know what to say right now.

Eda stood up and approached Luz as she asked "But that doesn't make any sense, I thought those powers were only temporary. They could only thrive until the Titan's spirit faded! How did this happen?" She began to observe Luz's Titan form as Luz explained "I'm just as puzzled as you are! Everything was totally normal yesterday! But then, I woke up this morning to find out that my entire body has changed, I've literally got fur coving like, the majority of my body. And now Amity hasn't been able to take her eyes off me since I changed into this, I can imagine why. I don't know what's happening to me, but I'm scared Eda, can you help me?" 

Eda said to Luz "I understand your concern Luz, but we'll figure this out alright? I'm sure that there's a way we can get to the bottom of why this happened and hopefully figure out how to reverse this. If that's even possible." Luz nodded in agreement.

As Eda went to talk with Amity about when exactly this started, Luz entered the bathroom to examine herself to get a better understanding about what happened to her.

Luz looked at herself in the mirror, she removed the hat and placed it down. She looked at her body as she wondered just how much of what appeared as clothing was actually clothing, she appeared to have a furry coat of some kind on her, but how much of it was part of her and how much could be removed? Was it merged with her? Could she even remove it? If they are actually part of her body which would mean they aren't clothes, does that mean she's technically naked? Oh gosh. There were way to many thoughts going through her head. She sighed as she put her hands over her face as she mumbled "How in Titan's name am I supposed to explain all of 'this' to everyone else?" 

She looked at her new claws she had and tapped them against the sink, she felt them tapping against the material, maintaining their shape, confirming to Luz that they were indeed just as sharp as they appeared. Luz saw the two sharp teeth in her mouth, now this she had to admit was a pretty cool addition to her look, almost made her look like a vampire in a way. But the weirdest thing Luz now had was her new feet, she now had two sharp claws as toes that were literally as hard as bone, she could hear them click against the floor with every step she took.