chapter 1 A strange Awakening

A/N this story is not mine it belongs to steve_from_minecraft from archiveofourown.org

"Good morning witches and demons alike, it's another average day in the new boiling Isles, the sea is scorching hot as usual, as for any interesting news, we just found signs of a bright star heading in our direction, looks like the Collector might be paying us another visit today.... uh, yeah, that's it. Um... oh and it's nearly the 5 year anniversary of the day Luz Noceda, the human first stepped foot in the Boiling Isles, still trying to come up with a name for that day..."

"Can we end this stream now? I've run out of things to say."

Luz Noceda opened her window, the sun was rising above the boiling sea in the distance, she smiled as she said "Wow, every time I wake up I get to see this great view, they were nice to give us the best room in the entire building don't you think Amity?"

She turned to see her girlfriend Amity, who was also her college roomate, still fast asleep in bed. Luz smiled as she walked over to her and kissed her on the cheek. Amity slowly opened her eyes to look at the face of Luz. 

"Good morning Blight." Luz said with a grin. Amity smiled and said "Hey Luz... what time is it? I'm too tired right now." Luz hopped onto Amity's bed and wrapped her arms around her saying "Oh come on Ami, it's time to go and learn some wild magic that's what time it is." 

Amity groaned a little bit but then started to chuckle as she said "Oh I can never resist that face of yours, alright let's go."

Luz and Amity both got up and got themselves dressed. Luz got on her scroll to see some messages that were sent to her from Eda.

"Hey kid, you up yet? Remember that I'm the one in charge of this place now so I'll always know whenever your late for a class."

"I'm up Eda, don't worry about it. Me and Amity are on our way to class right now."

"Hehe, alright. Have a good time."

"By the way, what's King been up to lately?"

"Oh King? Heh, the little guy is still growing, his titan powers have been getting stronger as time goes on, who knows what he'll be able to do by then."

"Tell King I said hi."

Later, Luz and Amity got out of their dorm room and traveled down the hall together. They were met by several witches who greeted them. She soon heard the voice of someone familiar. "Hey Luz, hey Amity, how's it going?" Luz turned around to see Gus. 

"Gus! How's the whole human realm/demon realm exchange program been going so far?" Amity asked. Gus smiled and said "Oh it's going smoothly, I've been met by lots of witches who want to know everything about the world you're from Luz." Luz smiled and said "Yeah, they're probably incredibly curious about the world I came from after I defeated Belos." 

Gus nodded and said "Well, gotta go, see you girls later." As he left, Amity and Luz soon arrived at their first class, their first class was one they were taking together, abomination engineering, now while they don't take exactly the same classes together, they still spend the majority of the day together. 

Even though it had been 4 years since she had saved the boiling isles from Belos who had threatened to exterminate the witches off the face of the planet, Luz could still hardly believe she was here, it was hard to believe that she actually wasn't living in a fantasy and she was actually here, living in the demon realm studying wild magic alongside her amazing girlfriend Amity, yes she still does go to visit the human realm to meet her mother Camila and her sister Vee, for the most part Luz feels at home in the demon realm studying magic and making her own future.