Woods Hollow:

"Lia can you please pick up more flour on your way home after work today?"

I looked up from my book, "Of course Ada!" Work! Oh no, I was going to be late. I picked up my satchel and tucked my book inside, "Thanks for reminding me, Ada!" I heard him laughing as I flew out the door.

I ran all the way to Woods Hollow. I worked as an assistant to an apothecary in the village. I was fascinated by the healing powers of nature and how elves used it. My mother had been a healer in the same shop where I worked. One day I hoped to start my own healers establishment. Also, to follow in my mother's footsteps. I pushed open the door to the shop. The familiar jingle of the bell greeted me.

"Ah, Aralia. I was wondering if you were going to come in today," Bainwen looked up from the parchment she was scribbling on.

I set my satchel behind the front counter and tied my white apron around my waist, "Yes, Please forgive me. I lost track of time."

She frowned, "Punctuality my dear girl, it is a good virtue to strive for. You are forgiven this time."

I felt a small twinge of guilt. Bainwen folded up the parchment she was writing, "Here, Take this to the merchant. It must get there as soon as possible. He is leaving for the shore to collect supplies and we must restock our storefront."

I took the parchment, "Of course, I will be quick." I grabbed my shawl and departed for the village merchants.

The sun shone down on the pale paths past the cobblestone shops. Here or there the occasional dog barked. Young elves raced after each other, laughing with merriment. My hair blew gently in the breeze as I walked along the path to the rest of the village area. Other elves smiled friendily at me as I walked past them. I saw some ellons building a fence along a brook to the left. On the other side, the thick forest loomed. I made my way across the bridge. My friend waved eagerly as I walked past the open door of her shop. I smiled, waved back, and walked on. I jogged picking up my skirt across the path to the trader's post.

"Ah, It's you, my lady," The trader took my parchment.

I smiled, "Yes, Rhistel. Bainwen has requested that you collect these items for us. She included the payment in the paper."

He looked it over, "Yes I see that. Alright, I will be sure to gather when you need," Rhistel added our paper to an accumulated stack on the table, "Well my lady, everything is in order here. I shall hope to return in a fortnight." He gave an amused smile, "If Bainwen can wait that long."

I gave a small chuckle, "She will have to," I bowed politely, "Good day."

The road back to the stuffy apothecary felt longer than the road from it. In the distance I could hear hoof beats coming. I moved to the side while gathering my skirt. Guards on brown horses rode past followed by three riders on white horses. It was the prince. I quickly bowed low as they passed by. Prince Aerion with two other elloths I had not seen before.

The two strangersThey were dressed in black and silver with dark hair and fair complexions. They looked very much alike in face and size as well.

Aerion was tall and handsome with platinum blonde hair and sharp blue eyes that drove all the girls mad. He wore clothes of the typical greens and grays of the forest. Whenever I went to the bakery I would often overhear young girls gushing over the princes. Aerion and his brothers were highly thought of among the ladies. The middle son, Legolas was also very handsome. He had the same looks as Legolas. The youngest son, Calanon was more like Queen Velanna with dark blonde hair and gray eyes. There was also a princess, Katriella. I blushed when my thoughts turned back to Aerion. My stomach fluttered. Though, I had only seen him from a distance.