New Feelings:

~Aerion~

"Aerion? Are you alright ion nin?" I felt my mother's presence behind me before I saw her.

I stared out into the night, "Yes of course, why wouldn't I be?" I turned to face her with my hands still on the railing.

She placed her hand on my shoulder, "I know my children well enough to tell when things are not well with them."

I smiled, "I'm fine, just a little tired, tis alright."

She looked at me, "Okay, if you're sure."

I nodded, "I am."

Nana touched my chek gently, "Your Ada is working you too hard."

"It's my job," I shrugged, "If I am to be King I want to make sure I am a great one."

Truth was, I'd never felt like this before. That elleth, whoever she was, set my stomach ablaze with butterflies. A brilliant sunshine filled me. I found my thoughts drawn back to her. Her sweet, quiet and pure personality was a rarity. She was delicate as a daisy and yet I could tell she could hold her own. Her thick brown hair was uncommon in the elf world. Her brown eyes sparkled when she spoke and looked at things with admiration and respect. She was tall for an elleth, only being slightly shorter than me.

"Aerion?" My mom was still looking at me, "Aerion for Eru's sake, what are you grinning about?"

I snapped back into reality, "I should go to bed, I'm so tired I can barely stand."

I could feel my mother's eyes on me as I escaped to my chambers.

I flopped down on my bed and let myself release a happy sigh. I removed my tunics and leggings, exchanging the leggings for my sleeper leggings. I wasn't tired but I wanted to see where my mind took me. I lay with my hands behind my head staring at the ceiling. I felt a faint feeling in my spirit. A calm and peace I'd never felt before. Then I felt something else, a feeling of grief. Cold and cruel. I strained to see if it would strengthen. I could slightly feel it. I wasn't sad. I didn't understand. I sat in silence for a long time before the feeling faded. It was replaced by an utter stillness. I felt my eyelids droop and allowed myself to drift into darkness.

I woke to the sounds of a bird outside my window. The warm sun poured in through the curtains. I washed and dressed in my maroon tunics and black leggings. I re-braided my hair and went to join my family for breakfast. My entire family was seated in our dining room when I found them.

"Ah, Aerion. I was wondering if you were going to join us." My father greeted me from the head of the table.

"Goodmorning Ada," I grabbed a plate from the cart and sat down across from Legolas.

He raised an eyebrow, "Aerion, you're glowing."

I nearly choked on my food, "I feel normal. What are you talking about?" Calanon chipped in, "He's right brother, like a firefly."

I felt happy sure, but I didn't feel glowy. My father looked at me, "Maybe your brother had a good rest. There is nothing wrong with feeling good in the morning."

Legolas shrugged and went back to his food. Thank Eru for Ada.

My mother smiled fondly at all of us. The only one missing was Katriella. As if one cue she walked in. Her blue eyes sparkling. "Sorry I am late, I lost track of time."

Ada set down his cup, "You're forgiven."

Calanon smirked, "I wonder what's distracting everyone today."

Katriella smiled, "I was reading."

Phewf.

I quickly finished my food, "Legolas, we should get down to our new students." He looked at me like I had lost my mind, "Aerion, it's still-"