One Day:

~Katriella~

"Elrohir?" I sharply whispered as I walked through the gardens. It was pitch black but thanks to my being elven I could see more easily in the dark. Something landed lightly on its feet in front of me.

"My Lady, You look exceptionally beautiful this evening," Elrohir kissed my hand.

I blushed, "Thank you, my Lord, you're kind with your words."

He offered me his arm, "May I?"

I nodded.

We both burst into laughter. I shoved him.

He shoved me back, "What was that for?"

I kissed his cheek, "Nothing." Elrohir smiled.

We walked along hand in hand through the grassy walkways.

He took off his outer tunic, wrapping it around my shoulders, "If you freeze to death your brothers and Father will have me killed."

I laughed, "They're just protective."

He chuckled, "Your father doesn't like me."

"Oh, that's not true. He just needs time to get used to the idea of us being more comfortable with each other."

We sat down on one of the benched by the willow tree. Our usual spot. Elrohir pulled me close to him. I could feel his breath on my neck. "Come Home with Me, After Aerions wedding." He kissed my ear, "I'm needed in my homelands but I do not wish to be without you."

I hugged his neck, "I'm not sure, My father might not like the idea of me travelling. Especially since the most recent attacks."

Elrohir lifted my chin, "Does he not know I would protect his daughter with my own life."

I kissed his cheek, "I know you would." I stared up at the stars, "One day, I hope to paint them. But A canvas would never do them justice."

We sat under the stars just enjoying each other's presence.

"The stars of Rivendell are just as beautiful. There's a cave under the waterfall where you can see the entire sky. Would you like to see it?"

I leaned into his hold, "Yes, I would."

~Aralia~

I walked down the hall with my eyes fixed on my book. Since it was a lovely warm day I decided to take my reading outside. I walked down the cobblestone path to the garden pavilion.

"Excuse me, Lass, You wouldn't happen to be friends of the Greenleaves would you?"

I jumped at the sound of someone's voice. Before me stood a short man. He wore a metal helmet and had a thick red beard.

"Oh, Hello. I'm Aralia." I assumed this man to be a dwarf.

He smiled up at me, "Aralia, you're the lass who's settling down the prince."

He laughed heartily.

"Gimli!" I heard Legolas's voice.

"Ah, Laddie! There ye are!" Legolas and Gimli exchanged an awkward hug due to their opposite sizes.

Legolas turned to me, "Aralia, This is Gimli son of Gloin, The dwarf."

I smiled, "Lovely to meet you Gimli, I have heard many good things about you."

We paused our conversation to see a Caravan of soldiers coming down the road. They were dressed in shiny metal armour with a black tunic embedded with a silver tree.